26 Problem-Solving Gadgets That'll Help Make Your Tech Troubles *Poof* Disappear
These power strips, cable savers, and screen cleaners will help you ~pull the plug~ on gadget issues.
We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. Cable savers so you don't have to say goodbye to your frayed laptop or phone charger. These babies help extend the life of lightly damaged cables and wires.
2. A charging station that'll keep all your gadgets in a convenient place. This dock will power up cell phones, tablets, and smartwatches and free up outlets around the house.
3. A screen protector because nothing's worse than watching your smartphone drop to the ground and (gulp) get damaged. This one fits the iPhone X, the iPhone XS, and the iPhone 11 Pro and acts as a shield against cracks and scratches.
4. An Echo Dot (3rd Gen) Smart Speaker so you can create the ultimate smart home *and* use voice control to complete tasks. Turn electronics on and off and play music, thanks to Alexa.
5. A dual power strip and surge protector so you can avoid tangled cords and electrical overloading. With 13 three-pin outlets and four USB ports, you'll be covered if you need to keep a bunch of gadgets plugged in.
6. A smartphone stand because you can read a recipe while cooking or complete an Instagram-live workout without accidentally damaging your phone. Your smartphone will be propped up in a safe spot, so you won't worry about it dropping in sauce or getting drenched in sweat.
7. A compact flash drive for documents and digital movies. You can't control when your laptop is going to throw a tantrum, but you *can* be prepared and backup important files in case it happens.
8. A cute AirPods case that'll safely hold your AirPods and charger case and protect them from water damage (hi rain and snow). You can even clip this lil' guy on your backpack or purse for easy access.
9. A screen cleaner kit so you can kiss fingerprints, smudges, and debris goodbye. This odorless formula cleans *and* polishes your devices, making it easy to keep 'em spotless on a daily basis. You'll get two bottles and three washable cleaning cloths with this set!
10. Sleep-friendly headphones because A) you don't want to deal with little circles poking your ears and B) you're too lazy to manually change music settings on your smartphone. Slip into these before you catch up on ZZZs and enjoy soothing beats without having to get up.
11. A compact charger to keep on hand because your smartphone *always* runs out of battery. This beauty will juice up your cell and other gadgets when you're on the go, sparing you from trying to find an outlet.
12. A beautiful case with a durable design and protection that'll be handy if your smartphone drops. An inside plate helps absorb shock from drops, while a lay-flat bezel acts as armor against scratches.
13. A travel cable organizer to get your chargers, cables, and SD cords *in order* and place them in a safe spot. Perfect for car trips, outdoor adventures, and running errands, this pouch will be a big help if your tech tends to be a tangled mess.
14. Multi-use headphones, because you deserve amazing sound quality and noise reduction while you're working up a sweat outdoors. They'll fit comfortably around your ears and let you listen to your music without interruptions. Also wouldn't it be great to not have to deal with dangling wires again?
15. An electronic repair kit so the next time your smartphone screen cracks or a laptop key pops off, you can try to fix it. With 64 tools, this handy set will help you with minor tech issues and save you money on repairs.
16. A Tile Mate that'll help you find your iPhone at home, even if it fell under the bed, is buried in a stack of clothes, or is right in front of you. 🤦♀️ This little gadget will make it ring, so you can get to its location before giving up your search.
17. A Wi-Fi extender because you're *so done* with spotty, crappy internet while you WFH. This baby increases coverage up to 800 square feet (buh-bye lagging) and makes it easy to stay online if you're using a laptop, tablet, smartphone, or other smart devices indoors.
18. Waterproof speakers that'll let you enjoy your fave playlist by the pool or in a kayak without water damage. The sound quality is excellent and you won't have to worry about a couple of splashes ruining your only source of music outdoors.
19. A long USB cable because you're always trying to charge your smartphone in not-so-great places. It's 6.6 feet long, so you can basically plug it into any outlet and easily get to it without crawling under a desk (woot!).
20. An HDMI splitter so you can seamlessly binge-watch your fave TV shows and play video games without using a small screen. You can plug in your laptop, smart TV, or Xbox, making it so easy to get the display you want.
21. A USB cord bracelet that'll be incredibly handy if you forget a charging cable at home. You can use it to connect your portable power bank and smartphone in case you have battery issues *and* it blends in with your other jewelry.
22. A splurge-worthy smart TV because you'll get to enjoy a *piece of art* and crisp viewing (and by crisp, we mean 4X the resolution of Full HD). It's aesthetically pleasing and will take your home theater setup to the next level, thanks to amazing picture and sound quality.
23. A car-friendly smartphone holder that'll keep your phone propped up while you're driving. This hands-free tool, which attaches to a vent, is incredibly handy if you need to follow directions or call a friend. Plus, you won't have to watch your phone drop every time you hit a bump.
24. A JETech FM transmitter so you can listen to podcasts, rock out to music, and juice up your smartphone on the road. It easily connects to your car stereo system so it's perfect for older cars without AUX or USB ports.
25. An on-wall surge protector with six pivoting outlets that'll power up your laptops, lamps, and other devices at home. You won't have to use up every outlet at your house or worry about electrical surge damage.
26. Moldable glue because you never know when your phone cable or other electronics will need an impromptu repair. This waterproof and non-runny formula won't damage your devices and seals up frayed areas.
You, handling all the tech issues coming your way:
Reviews have been edited for length and/or clarity.