We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Some may have been sent as samples, but all opinions and reviews are our own. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. A "Pack this!" checklist that'll help you get ready for a trip *and* keep track of what you're bringing. It organizes items by category (basics, clothes, hygiene, and miscellaneous), so you can check off essentials as you put them in a backpack, carry-on, or suitcase.
Promising review: "I hate making lists trying to figure out what I need, and this is PERFECT for trying to figure that out. It has a lot more on the checklist than I would ever take on a trip, but it does accommodate for every kind a trip, from a simple vacation across state lines, to a business trip, to a wedding halfway around the world. I'm pretty pleased!" —Alyssa Kauffman
Get it from Amazon for $7.
2. A Trtl neck pillow because you can finally rest in a plane seat without feeling uncomfortable. This cozy cocoon is adjustable, gently wraps around your neck, and prevents your head from bobbing side to side. Plus, it's space-saving, lightweight, and attaches to any luggage handle.
BuzzFeed editor Ciera Velarde owns this comfy pillow and said: "I've used this for the past few years and swear by it! Before this, I always found traditional neck pillows uncomfortable and would end up ditching them halfway through the flight and getting frustrated. The Trtl pillow is adjustable — you wrap the pillow around your neck and secure it with Velcro, and if you find it's too loose, just make it a bit tighter! I've truly never slept better on a plane than with this pillow."
Promising review: "Used it for a 14-hour flight to Japan last week, and it helped tremendously. This was the first time I was able to sleep on the plane so this helped tremendously. Definitely a must have for travel. It is very light so I was able to easily pack it in my under-the-seat wheeled trolley. I want to emphasize how much the light warmth of the fleece (and I don't like being hot) was just right to help me nod off to sleep. Since this is primarily for sitting upright in the seat or someone in the middle or the aisle seat, this was ideal for me. I just got back yesterday. Again I used it — this time for a 12-hour flight." —Ambience
Get it from Amazon for $44.99 (available in four colors).
3. And a pair of Mack's Earplugs that'll help you say, "buh-bye noise" if you're trying to catch up on some sleep. These little babies comfortably contour to the shape of your ear and help block out sounds, plus they stay in place. Even if the plane is taking off and your seat buddy is talking a little too loud, you'll still drift off to dreamland.
BuzzFeed editor Emma Lord swears by these and raves: "The moldable silicone of Mack's Earplugs contours easily to the shape of your ear to block out noise much more effectively than other foam or plastic varieties, and the noise reduction is so good that if I pair them with a white noise machine (or just like a white noise loop on Spotify) I genuinely don't hear noises from outside my room. Not only that, but once they're in place, they stay locked there until you decide to pull them out.
Granted, I can still hear my alarm and like, if the fire alarm went off or something, I'd definitely wake right up. But noises that are distant and loud are pretty easily canceled out by these.
I've also *loved* these for traveling — if you put these babies in on a plane not only does it help reduce some of the YIKES factor when the plane takes off (it's loud!!), but it cancels out the murmuring noises of passengers on the flight and makes it easier to get some shuteye." Read her full Mack's Earplugs Review for more deets!
Get eight pairs from Amazon for $8.99.
4. A hands-free (rotating!) phone mount to turn your phone into a mini TV while you're traveling. It can mount on multiple surfaces, including tray tables, the arms of terminal seats, and luggage handles. Now you can stream Netflix or view videos whenever and wherever you want.
Promising review: "I bought this nifty gadget about six months ago for a multi-leg, ultra-long-haul trip, and it more than held up the entire duration. I was able to finagle it to fit the tray tables on different planes, and like others, I find the height just nice when clamped onto a stowed tray table. It also works on my roller carry-on handle during layovers.
However, I find myself using it a lot outside of travel too! Work-wise, I've clamped it onto my office desk shelving to hold my phone at eye level beside my computer. At home, I simply clamped it to a deck of cards, and it turns into a versatile stand that I can place on any flat surface. Heck, I've been using it to hold my phone comfortably at eye level while watching videos in bed. It's extremely well built, and I find myself fidgeting with it all the time. Thus far it still feels solid, and I don't anticipate breaking it any time soon. Even if it does break, I'll be happy to buy another one or two of it!" —Earendil
Get it from Amazon for $12.97.
5. And an AirFly Pro wireless transmitter so you can watch movies and TV shows with your AirPods on flights. Plug it into the seat TV screen, connect your earbuds, and you'll be good to go. No more packing flimsy headphones or having to pay extra for a pair while you're on board.
It also comes with a USB-C charging cable, travel pouch, keychain holder, quick-start guide, and a manual. Traveling with a family member or friend? They can also sync their earbuds to this gadget!
See one TikTok user using it with their AirPod Pros here.
Promising review: "Ever since I purchased my wireless Bose earbuds, I always hated having to use another set when I was on an airplane with the seat-back entertainment system. I tried many different models to connect the system to my Bluetooth headsets until I came across this one, and it is amazing! It seamlessly connects to my headset, very clear and reliable audio, and it takes the stress away from having to carry multiple headsets! Thank you!!!" —Ryan Malloy
Get it from Amazon for $44.99+ (available in three styles).
6. A portable door lock for additional security if you're traveling alone. This tool stays in place and works with multiple doors, whether you're staying at an Airbnb or a hotel room. It's also easy to install and remove (no nails required).
To install, put the metal part into the hole on the door jam, close the door, and place the handle into the lock. That's it!
Promising review: "I brought this because I saw it on TikTok! I trust this more than the lock on my door (that my super has access to). I would recommend you buy this for traveling solo also and even for your bedroom door. I use this with a security bar also." —Amazon Customer
Get it from Amazon for $7.95.
7. A set of packing cubes to help you organize everything you packed in your luggage. Pants, shirts, dresses...whatever you're wearing on vacay, these compact containers will hold them all without taking up a ton of space and prevent them from turning into a messy pile.
This set comes with an extra large cube, large cube, medium cube, small cube, roomy shoe bag, and a laundry bag for dirty clothes!
Promising review: "I found out about the packing cubes on TikTok from a woman who travels all over and she mentioned these travel cubes and knew I had to get them. I travel and usually stay in one spot for more than a month so packing gets tricky. I can now pack more neatly and have more room for all the clothes I travel with." —Magen Vaughn
Get a six-piece set from Amazon for $24.99 (available in 12 colors).
8. And a digital luggage scale because it can easily weigh your suitcase to make sure it doesn't go over the limit. This handy gadget fits in a bag or pocket, so you can pull it out and check your luggage on the spot. You'll be relieved you didn't have to pay an overweight baggage fee at the airport.
Promising review: "This luggage scale is so handy and is great for weighing your luggage. I was a little concerned before I got it because I wasn't sure how accurate it would be. When I used it when I went on vacation, it was dead on to what the airport said, so I highly recommend this. Plus, it’s easy to pack in your bags." —Teresa Daniels
Get it from Amazon for $10.99+ (available in six colors and also 2-packs).
9. An RFID-blocking travel wallet that'll hold your passport, IDs, credit cards, cash, and boarding tickets in a safe place. You won't have to worry about holding up the line at security because everything you need will be organized and ready to take out.
The wallet comes with a boarding pass compartment, a passport compartment, three credit card slots, an ID slot, a slim card pouch, a ticket slot, a slim pocket, a cellphone pouch, a coin zippered pocket, a key holder, and a place to put your pen.
Promising review: "I absolutely love this wallet. I needed a new travel wallet, and this holds everything I need all in one place, and it still closes nicely and stays flat! I can fit my boarding pass, passport, ID, credit cards, money, checked baggage tickets, receipts, and more in it, yet it doesn’t bulk up or look like an overstuffed mess. It's just amazing. The description says it only holds US money, but I just used the boarding pass flap to hold all my Japanese Yen, which are larger. I didn’t use the zippered pocket for coins as I much prefer a separate coin purse for that sort of thing. I definitely recommend to anyone who travels a lot!" —Anthony Luu
Get it from Amazon for $13.99 (available in 39 colors).
10. Or this smaller travel card holder with designated spots for your passport and vaccination card. It'll easily fit in your carry-on bag and be accessible if you need them at an airport security checkpoint.
Henneys Boutique is a small business that sells travel accessories, including vaccine card holders, passport holders, and wallets.
Promising review: "Perfect protective holder for my vaccine card and soon to have passport. And in my favorite color — purple! I bought a second one for someone else and I’m sure they’ll love it too!" —Etsy Customer
11. An acupressure anti-nausea wristband for bouts of morning or motion sickness that inconveniently pop up on vacation. 😒 It exerts a little pressure on the P6 acupressure point, which is said to help alleviate nausea and vomiting. Slip one on your wrist whenever you're feeling a bit queasy.
Reviewers swear by these non-medicated bands for nausea relief: they've used them while traveling on airplanes, boats, and cars and for morning sickness during pregnancies.
Promising review: "I bought these for an upcoming cruise, but thought I would try them out when flying (as I tend to get motion sickness even after taking Dramamine). I was very surprised that I had no motion sickness after wearing these on two different work trips. I also took these on a cruise and only had to use them once. Once I felt the motion sickness coming on, I put on the bands and the sickness was gone in about 15 minutes. They came in a nice plastic case and are reusable." —Jessica
Get a pair from Amazon for $8.53.
12. A luggage-mounted cup caddy so you can effectively travel through a terminal with drinks and snacks, even if you're in a hurry. Two slots fit water bottles, paper cups, and wrapped up food, so you can wheel your luggage and check texts without spilling anything.
Promising review: "This cup holder is perfect! It helps me a lot! Last time I took a plane with a suitcase and a cup of coffee, I dropped and spilled my drink everywhere when it was my turn to check my passport and ticket. It was a nightmare! This time, I bought this cup holder to do me a favor! I don't have to worry about where my cup and phone are! I can free my hands to do other things. I love it so much! Hope you love it too." —Philip
Get it from Amazon for $14.99 (available in 34 colors and patterns).
13. A water-resistant cosmetic bag for anyone who needs to bring a bunch of beauty products. It'll help keep everything organized on trips, thanks to four roomy compartments and a hook that you can hang behind a door *or* on a closet rod. The best part? You can quickly find whatever you need and you won't have to repack it all when it's time to leave.
Promising reviews: "I saw this on TikTok and purchased it for my trip! Got back home and use it in my own bathroom. I love it that much! Best Amazon purchase I’ve ever made!" —Amazon Customer
"I bought this bag specifically for when I travelled across the country with my two small children. One of whom is a medically complex child. I put ALL of my toiletries, ALL their toiletries, and ALL of my son's medications in this bag. Everything fit perfectly, and nothing was broken. The hanger is durable and carried lots of weight when it hanged on the back of the bathroom door. I bought the largest size, and it was 100% worth what I paid for. If you are traveling by yourself, I would recommend the smaller size. But if you are packing for others or just pack heavy, definitely buy the larger size. I absolutely loved it! And it was very compact in my suitcase. Very sturdy as I carried it. I HIGHLY recommend buying." —Hannah Funderburk
Get it from Amazon for $22.99+ (available in two sizes and six colors).
14. A portable charger you'll probably sing praises for, because it doesn't require any cords. When your phone battery is running low, plug it into the dock and it'll instantly charge it up. The dock also powers up while it charges your phone, so both will be ready whenever you need them on a flight or vacation stay.
Note: This small gadget can charge an iPhone 8 1.5 times and an iPhone X one full time on a single charge.
Promising review: "The holy grail of portable chargers!!! I was traveling to Disney for vacation and knowing me, I would drain my battery with just taking pictures alone. I wanted a portable battery but didn’t want a carry a cord either, so I was excited when I found this little baby! It does exactly as described, pretty pink color, and I get one full charge of battery for my iPhone 11. Get it, you will not be disappointed!" —Meghan Doble
Get it from Amazon for $34.99+ (available in six colors).
15. A genius backpack with cool features like a main compartment that fully unzips, a laptop sleeve, zippered pouches that'll easily fit toiletries, a roomy main compartment for four to five outfits, compression straps, and a trolley passthrough (a thick strap that loops around your suitcase handle) to make luggage transport and carrying travel essentials a breeze.
Béis is a woman-owned travel accessories brand founded by actress and entrepreneur Shay Mitchell. You'll find carry-on rollers, weekender bags, packing cubes, and more practical goods for your next trip!
BuzzFeed editor Chelsea Stuart owns this backpack and said: "I just bought this bag for a five-day cross-country road trip and it came in so clutch. First, I flew with it and was able to stow it under my seat so not only did I not have to check a bag, but I didn't even have to deal with overhead storage. Then, it traveled through 10+ states and various hotels with me. My absolute favorite parts of the bag are the compression straps and the fact that it fully unzips. This makes it *SO* easy to pack, unpack, and take through airport security. I was able to fit ~four pairs of leggings, four T-shirts, two sets of pajamas, two pairs of shorts, two bathing suits, a sweatshirt, a week's worth of undergarments, travel toiletries, an iPad, my wallet, and more odds and ends."
Get it from Béis for $78 (available in two colors).
16. Or a nylon anti-theft backpack that'll make traveling with essentials so darn easy. There's plenty of room for tech devices and snacks, and this accessory keeps them concealed thanks to zipper access from the back and a hidden interior compartment. You can also wear it two ways: as a backpack *or* shoulder bag.
BuzzFeed writer Britt Ross loves this travel accessory and raves: "I recently returned from Italy, and as someone who prefers a small backpack over a purse most of the time, I thought this would be a great purchase, as it would give me some peace of mind as I spent hours wandering around different cities. I'm happy to report that after two weeks of daily use, I'm convinced I'll be bringing it on every trip I take from now on. It's small enough so that it doesn't feel bulky or uncomfortable throughout the day, but has plenty of space for everything you'd need on the go — I fit my wallet, sunscreen, glasses case, hand sanitizer, water bottle, snacks, and even a small umbrella, with room to spare! And the fact that it opens from the back means someone would literally have to pry it off of you to get to your valuables. I bought the medium size in black pebbled faux leather, and it's actually quite cute for the price!"
Promising review: "A must-have for traveling! This backpack is lightweight, has multiple pockets on the inside and outside for small items, and was so awesome for an eight-day vacation to Hawaii! Felt safe with my items in it and it was a great small personal item on the plane. Highly recommend!" —Marianne :]
Get it from Amazon for $25.99+ (available in two sizes and 15 styles).
17. Orrrr a fanny pack to stash small things in while you're on the go. Unlike a bulky purse or tote, you can strap it around your waist *or* shoulders for a comfy fit. There's also a hidden pocket in the back for any valuables, including I.D. cards and cash, that'll keep them safe and out of sight.
Promising review: "Very happy with my purchase. Got this for my trip to Colombia. I was looking at more expensive fanny packs but settled on this for the reviews. It’s very well-made for the price. It withstood many hikes to waterfalls, horseback riding, and city tours among others. I wore it as shown in the picture and love the fact that there’s a pocket that’s hidden that sits on my chest at all times where I kept my passport, extra cash, and travel documents. I was able to fit my camera, iPhone, earbuds, shades, charger, and a couple of other knickknacks without a problem. Wasn’t a fanny pack guy before now but I’m a believer LOL." —IWG MD
Get it from Amazon for $14.77+ (available in two sizes and 30 colors).
18. A 16-piece travel toiletries set with all the bottles you'll need for hair, makeup, and skincare products. Instead of buying disposable travel-sized containers, you can fill these up with your go-to beauty goods. Each one is also TSA-friendly, so you won't have to second-guess liquid amounts.
You'll get four bottles, two jars, two spray bottles, two scoopers (to help transfer creams), one funnel (to help transfer liquids), one cleaning brush, a page of labels, and a bag that fits all the containers.
Promising review: "I’ve purchased a lot of different travel sets for my toiletries over the years. Inevitably, they are hard to fill and tend to leak. This set was magic! The wide mouth made it easy to fill from a larger bottle, and the little scoops made transferring creams to the jar containers very easy and with much less mess. The only con (hardly worth mentioning) is that once you squeeze the bottle, it takes a few minutes to expand with air again, so the sides are a bit sunken. I solved that by unscrewing the top just a bit for a quick release of the vacuum pressure. I had no leaks, and plenty of containers for every toiletry." —MDC
Get it from Amazon for $14.99.
19. And leakproof travel capsules for anyone who needs to bring lil' essentials on their next trip. These small, TSA-compliant vessels securely hold face creams, dainty jewelry, and vitamins (goodbye, random spills!) and they have a cool, colorful design. They're also magnetic, so they'll stay together in a cosmetics bag or suitcase compartment.
Cadence is a woman-owned small business specializing in personal care travel solutions. Each mini capsule is created from recycled ocean-bound plastic and is refillable and reusable!
BuzzFeed writer Jasmin Sandal uses these travel capsules and said: "I love my little containers that allow me to downsize but still carry my necessities while I'm traveling. They're not only cute to look at but they're pretty practical. I have used mine to store my vitamins, earrings, face cream and have not run into any issues. They have tight, screw-on tops so you know everything is secure *and* you can customize their labels so you know exactly what's in what. Oh, and the fact that they're magnetic? Genius. This way, they stay tightly together in your case or can be conveniently stored in a makeup bag."
Promising review: "This is my go-to for all my travel, gym, camping trips. I can keep enough for four to five days of skincare. The best set I've had for carry-on toiletries." —Cadence Customer
Get a set of six from Cadence for $76 (originally $84; available in individual capsules, bundles of three or six, and seven colors).