37 Products You Probably Need If Your Home Is The Definition Of “Mess”
Including a hard-water stain remover, a top-rated pet hair broom, and more cleaning goods that'll get your messy home back in shape.
We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. A shirt folder because putting away clothes is a time suck and results in crammed drawers. Grab this nifty board and turn your lumpy tees into almost perfect squares every time with a few quick flips.
2. A multipurpose cleaning paste that'll save you so much time — it'll quickly tackle stubborn stains on your stove, bathroom sink, kitchen tiles, and more messy surfaces at home. No more scrubbing and wiping for hours.
3. Rubbermaid's Reveal Power Scrubber to get your grout looking like a million bucks again without a lot of elbow grease. Thanks to its 60 pulsations per minute, this tiny tool will scrub away all that mold, mildew, and debris hanging out in your shower for you.
4. A zero-waste dish block for your kitchen sink: Rub a wet sponge against it to generate soapy suds that'll quickly remove grime and grease from cups, plates, and utensils. You can easily clean dishes *and* cut back on using plastic liquid soap bottles.
5. A makeup organizer to get your brushes, sponges, cleaners, and other beauty goods in order. You'll find this storage solution incredibly useful, especially if you have limited space for cosmetics.
6. A pet hair remover that'll immediately roll away lots of fur on your bedding and couch cushions. If your pet loves to leave a fluffy mess around your home, this reusable tool will be game changing for a deep clean (and score you extra-credit points for tidying).
7. And a pet hair remover broom so you can quickly sweep up all of your pet's fur from the floor. You won't have to grab a vacuum, plug it in, and use it around your home multiple times only to discover it DIDN'T get all the debris the first time around.
This cleaning tool works like a magnet and picks up fur from carpets, hardwood, and more.
Promising review: "Y’all. This broom changed my life. My dog sheds like crazy and I have tile throughout the majority of the living space in my home so I’m constantly having to sweep, Swiffer, vacuum, etc. to keep it hair free. Well my friends, this broom darn well came close to getting all the hair off my tile, even did an amazing job getting hair off the rug. My mind is blown." —samsamsurecan
Get a compact broom from Amazon for $12.99.
8. Pumice stones to get rid of gross toilet bowl rings and hard water stains in your sink. They'll seamlessly remove grime from bathroom surfaces when bleach and other potent cleaners can't get the job done.
9. A bagless, touchless stationary vacuum so you can bid farewell to flimsy dustpans that make messes worse. Just sweep debris toward this high-tech gadget and it'll instantly suck it up for you.
10. A set of Shoe Slotz for all the heels, pumps, and sandals taking over your closet shelf. Want to to make twice the room? Put a shoe on the shelf, top it with a Shoe Slot, and stack the matching pair on top. Your tiny closet juust received a space upgrade.
My colleague Sally Elshorafa swears by this storage solution and said: "This product SAVED MY SHOES! I have an awkward set of built-in shelves in my closet, and it was the only place I wanted to put my shoes. As you can see from the before pic (above), it was a big mess; my shoes were piled on top of each other and getting really dirty. Traditional shoe caddies or boxes didn't really work because there's not much horizontal space, so I tried the Shoe Slotz. It fixed the problem perfectly! Because the design smartly stacks one shoe on top of the other, you save 50% of the space you'd normally use to store your shoes."
Promising review: "I will spare you the horrific 'before' picture of the complete nightmare that was my closet floor. Just imagine a dusty mess with shoes thrown all over each other in a sad attempt at giving some appearance of order, and you will have a good idea of why buying this shoe organizer was one of the best ideas I've had this year. The floor now looks so neat and tidy I can't believe my eyes every time I open my closet doors." —Veronica, just an average reader, you know?
Get a set of 10 from Amazon for $26.99+ (also available in packs of 20 and 40).
11. A red wine stain remover because you accidentally spilled a glass of vino on your favorite blanket and you've tried everything to get the stains out. Spritz this phosphate-free liquid onto bedding and clothes to gently remove wine stains sans bleach.
12. A nail polish case so great for your polish collection, you'll forget why you kept it in an unorganized drawer for so long. It's made with a clear material and comes with 48 slots (24 on each side), so you can easily find a glittery topcoat or metallic blue hue when you give yourself a mani.
13. A Wet & Forget shower cleaner that (gasp) you can literally leave and clean later. Instead of bending over a tub and scrubbing for eternity, all you have to do is apply to the grimy area, go do something more enjoyable, and rinse it away the next day.
14. A bottle of wood polish to restore scratched-up cabinets, furniture, and hardwood floors back to their former glory. Thanks to conditioning oils and a beeswax protective coating, wooden surfaces will look less faded and more shiny again.
15. Space-saving vacuum storage bags for bulky items that end up stuffed in your closet. Spare yourself the stress of storage woes and compress anything from bedding to thick sweaters. You'll finally have more room and not have to deal with messy piles!
16. A dryer vent cleaning kit that'll suck up debris from the depths of your dryer vent. This hose is over 2.6 feet long and attaches to your vacuum, making it easy to clean hard-to-reach crevices and remove all the nasty stuff clogging up your dryer vent.
This kit comes with a vacuum hose attachment and flexible lint brush to help give your dryer vent a deep clean!
Promising review: “OK, LET'S TALK ABOUT THIS HOSE. My dryer was like one cycle away from catching fire, and my vacuum’s skinny hose nozzle was too short to get into my dryer vent because the nozzle widens after 6 inches. So when I saw this product go on sale I bought it and it came the next day. It came in two or three pieces that fit into each other and go over the vacuum hose. It was SO SATISFYING to watch the big clumps come out of the dryer vent! I mean my dryer was nasty. Look at the pictures. I have a German shepherd and a pit bull, so our laundry is always full of nastiness. Well, this little hose got it all and it looks brand new in there. The big clumps were hard to get through the hose at first until I realized I could pinch the opening of the hose to make it circular, which allowed the clumps to fly through. Even the sound was satisfying. I will be vacuuming under my fridge next. No dying in a fire for me.” —Bee92
Get it from Amazon for $9.99+ (available in six colors).
17. An all-natural oven scrub for your oven that's been dirty for a long time. Pumice stone and essential oils help remove grime from oven racks and the interior glass panel of your oven door. You'll be glad that pie goo from three weeks ago is finally gone with a quick (and seamless) cleaning session.
18. A cascading file organizer so you can separate important papers and easily access them in your home office. Each pocket can store up to 50 sheets, so you don't need to cram them into a file cabinet. Hang this storage solution above your desk and you'll be good to go if you need documents.
19. A carpet spot remover spray that'll clean the nastiest stains on your colorfast carpet, rugs, and upholstery. It'll quickly get 'em out without rinsing and vacuuming, plus it doesn't leave a sticky residue behind!
To use, apply it to stains and gently blot the messy area with an absorbent cloth. That's it!
Promising review: "We’ve had a pet stain on our bedroom carpet for the longest time that no pet stain or other stain remover could remove. Soon as I got this spray I followed directions: sprayed it on the stain generously, moved it around with my fingers gently but making sure it totally saturated the spot, then used a microfiber cloth and a paper towel to blot until the area was as dry as possible. The stain is GONE!! My only regret is that I didn’t take before and after pictures to prove how completely efficient this product is, and how well worth the money!" —clevergirl5
Get it from Amazon for $11.95.
20. A hard-water stain remover for your shower door, faucet, and toilet bowl that still look grimy, even though you've tried cleaning them a million times. This formula gets to work on tough soap scum, mineral deposits, and water spots that won't budge, so your bathroom can sparkle again.
21. A reusable Swiffer duster head that'll lift up dust, pet fur, and more debris from hard-to-reach areas. Give your picture frames, blinds, and shelves a deep clean without using disposable paper towels or wipes.
22. A sectioned hamper to make laundry day an easy, mess-free ordeal. Separate your dark and light clothes with ease so you don't have to sort through a giant pile when it's time to put everything in the washing machine.
23. A wow-worthy grout cleaner so effective, you'll probably wonder if it's some sort of witchcraft because it'll easily remove years and years of dirt and grime from floor tiles in your bathroom and kitchen.
24. A stainless steel cleaner and polish you'll love to use because it's plant-based *and* quickly dissolves smudges on kitchen appliances. Coconut oil gives the polish its shine, so your dishwasher and fridge will look shiny (and be free from fingerprints that have been there for a REALLY long time).
It also comes with a microfiber cloth, so you can avoid using paper towels!
Promising review: "Just thought I would be doomed to a fingerprint-stained fridge for the rest of my small children's time at home. I have tried everything from sprays to special microfiber cloths, and there were always shadows of where the handprints and fingerprints had been. The very first time I used this, it cleaned off two years of three kids’ fingerprint smudges that I thought were permanent! It took a matter of seconds. Ah-mazing." —ZMomUtah
Get it from Amazon for $13.45.
25. A jetted tub cleaner because your self-care time should be spent in a clean Jacuzzi sans flakes, soap buildup, and body oils. Run your water, pour in the cleaner, and turn on the jets to get a squeaky-clean tub in just 15 minutes.
Promising review: "I hate filling the tub to take a bath and turning the jets on, only to see green specks of grime shoot out. This product left me with no grime, no dirt, just crystal-clear water. I definitely recommend for anybody looking to clean the internals of their jetted tub." —Kendell A.
Get it from Amazon for $16.99.
26. A clip-in mop and broom organizer that'll get your "cleaning closet" tidy in a matter of minutes. Neatly stash brooms, dustpans, mops, and dusters, thanks to slots and hooks that'll prevent them from piling up on the floor.
27. Heavy-duty cleaning wipes so you can easily remove pesky stains from your countertops, car seats, and tools. They'll come in handy when nail polish, permanent marker, or bird poop randomly shows up on surfaces.
28. A handmade scrubber because it'll get glasses, pitchers, and tumblers squeaky clean without getting your hand stuck. A narrow handle reaches down into tight crevices, while coconut fiber bristles grasp onto debris. Quickly remove residue from drinkware *before* your next holiday dinner.
29. A drain clog remover tool that'll lift nightmarish gunks of hair from your bathroom drains. With a length of 19.7 inches, this baby fits down most sink and tub pipes and has claws that'll latch onto stubborn debris. You'll enjoy watching this little ~snake~ slide down and seamlessly remove wads of hair that may have caused a blockage.
Promising review: "I slipped the plastic strip down my shower drain and literally five seconds later I was pulling up gobs and gobs and gobs of hair. I saved my prize hair ball on the shower floor to show my husband because I knew he would be as skeptical as I was. It's a grisly, messy, smelly, and oh so rewarding job." —Amazon Customer
Get a 6-pack from Amazon for $9.88.
30. Melamine cleaning sponges for tough-to-tackle marks and stains on furniture. Just add water and you'll make marker scribbles, soap scum, and grease disappear from your chairs, tables, and kitchen counters.
Promising review: "I love these sponges. I use them in the kitchen, the bathroom, and on the sides of the pool. But the use I like the best is to clean my vinyl wood floors. They get the spots and footprints off quickly without damaging the floor. I've use mops but they didn't remove what everyone had tracked in without pressing down really hard. These work quickly and efficiently." —D. Morales
Get a 20-pack from Amazon for $10.95.
31. A blinds duster because it's been a minute since you've cleaned your window blinds covered in gross debris. It comes with washable microfiber sleeves that'll effectively pick up dust *and* can clean the tops and bottoms of two blinds at the same time. 😲
Note: This isn't recommended for large blinds or straight blinds, so for those you may want to try a bigger duster, such as this fluffy microfiber one.
Promising review: "I'll be honest, I ordered this because of the price. After reviewing several other options and having been disappointed with previous dusters I've had, I figured why spend more money on something that isn't going to work? So I ordered the least expensive option, but wow does this little tool rock! It's very easy to use and clean. It does a fantastic job of cleaning and dusting the blinds and gets *all* of the crud off of them. My blinds haven't been this clean since the day they were first installed. Very happy with purchase." —Amazon Shopper
Get a duster brush and five microfiber sleeves from Amazon for $7.99+ (available in two colors).
32. An all-purpose cleaner to tidy all types of messes around home, like spills on the carpet, stains on the kitchen counter, and grimy streaks on windows. It even can be used with your laundry detergent if your clothes are covered in mud, wine, and dirt. (Just think of it as your cleaning fairy godmother.) ✨
This cleaning gem contains sandalwood (which smells so good) and vegetable-based soap. It's recommend you dilute this formula *before* cleaning any surfaces. Add a 1/2 cup of Good Vibes all-purpose cleaner to 1 gallon of hot water to clean cabinets, counter tops, floors, walls, and windows.
Good Vibes is a small business known for their plant-based cleaning products. From reusable spray bottles to all-purpose cleaning solutions with soothing scents, you'll find eco-friendly cleaning goods that'll help you tidy your home.
Get it from Good Vibes for $10+ (available in two sizes).
33. A bottle of keyboard-cleaning gel that looks like yellow slime and makes lifting up hard-to-reach debris a more enjoyable process. Cookie crumbs, dog hairs, and dust balls lodged in your keyboard for will be gone for good. 👏
This putty-like cleaner can also be used to clean dust from car vents, calculators, and other electronics, like printers!
Promising review: "I was skeptical at first. Was afraid my keyboard would be all gummed up with yellow slime! It cleaned it as good as new. Got all those dog hairs between the keys! No smell lingering on the keyboard or my hands and it's kind of fun to play with." —Billy
Get it from Amazon for $6.99.
34. Lightweight lidded storage baskets so you can stash random stuff (couch blankets, toys, magazines, and more) away and keep them off the floor. They'll also fit perfectly in a corner of your living room or office.
35. A robot vacuum cleaner that'll suck up pet hair, food crumbs, and dirt around your home: If your cat or dog sheds a lot, this small gadget can pick up lots of fur from your floors. You'll say "bibbidi-bobbidi-boo!" and your gross mess will be taken care of like it never existed.
Promising review: "Literally one of the best items I’ve bought off of Amazon. I have an English bulldog and now that summer is approaching, he’s shedding his winter coat. I let this baby go one round through my kitchen and all the hair is gone! It was able to pick up all the hair in one round while it would’ve taken me two rounds of sweeping! Don’t waste your time on other models and buy this one!" —hayden
Get it from Amazon for $199.99 (available in two colors).