32 Products That'll Help Make A Skincare Routine Feel Less Intimidating
A sonic facial cleansing brush, bubbly face mask, and more great products that'll help you start an easy, breezy skincare routine.
We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. CeraVe Moisturizing Cream hydrates the most sensitive skin with its gentle, fragrance-free formula. Reviewers love it too (it has 4,932 positive reviews and a 4.8-rating!), because it's easy to use, absorbs quickly, and contains ceramides that help strengthen the skin barrier and diminish dry areas.
2. This box of hydrating face masks helps tighten your pores, clear minor breakouts, *and* combat dryness. Don't be alarmed if you start to look like a zombie when you put it on, it's just the mask getting to work on your skin! Once you take it off, your face will feel brighter and more moisturized.
3. Hero Cosmetics Mighty Patches cover blemishes, so you can stop picking and touching pimples on your face. Place one of these babies on a zit overnight and let it lift all the gunk out. No more popping or squeezing breakouts whenever your skin is inflamed (or using a ton of products to get rid of 'em).
4. Or these larger Mighty Patches, if you'd like to diminish the cluster of zits on your jawline, back, and neck. These hydrocolloid strips absorb pus and can minimize the appearance of breakouts within SIX HOURS. They'll also stay on your skin and not come off, thanks to durable tapered edges.
5. This cult-favorite vitamin C serum targets multiple skincare concerns at the same time and is like a facial in a bottle. It'll help minimize hyperpigmentation, brighten dull areas, and soften skin.
6. Base Butter Radiate Face Jelly gets your skin in tip-top shape with aloe vera gel, evening primrose, lavender, and tea tree. This multitasking formula moisturizes your face and helps keep sebum overproduction at bay.
7. This exfoliating and hydrating lip scrub soothes chapped lips and provides a little relief. Sugar and essential oils gently exfoliate dead skin, so you don't have to deal with dryness and flaking every time you put on gloss or lipstick.
8. Glossier's The Skincare Edit introduces you to a daily routine in miniature sizes. You'll get to try the Milky Jelly Cleanser, Priming Moisturizer Rich, and more skincare treats that'll help you shorten your skincare routine in the a.m. or p.m. If the thought of cleansing, moisturizing, and prepping your skin for makeup is overwhelming, give this simple assortment a try for easy complexion maintenance.
9. Honeyskin Ultimate Face and Body Cream helps treat a myriad of skincare issues, including eczema, dryness, and redness. Formulated with superfoods (aloe vera and Manuka honey), this cream quickly absorbs into the skin and helps nourish irritated areas on your face.
10. Stila One-Step Color-Correcting Facial Serum brightens and color-corrects your complexion before you apply makeup. A blend of antioxidants, minerals, and vitamins help prep your skin and minimize dark circles and redness.
11. AxV Beauty face oil gets to work on skin that's dry and in need of a hydrating boost. Jojoba oil, vitamin E, tea tree oil, and argan oil work together to repair the skin and soothe irritated areas on your cheeks, chin, and forehead.
12. This set of gold under-eye masks minimizes puffiness and dark circles. You may have stayed up late watching your fave TV show, but these soothing pads will help you look a little less tired the next day (and spare you from using a bunch of concealer on under-eye skin).
13. Or this reusable gel eye mask relieves tired, puffy eyes that need additional relief after all the skincare. Just microwave it for 20 seconds or place it in the freezer, rest your head on a pillow, and you'll be ready for some self-care time.
14. FOREO's Luna Mini 2 elevates your daily skincare routine with a deep-clean that'll leave your face glowing and clear in minutes. No more makeup residue, dirt, or extra oil after using this tiny gadget, which uses gentle pulsations and movements to get the job done.
15. These blotting papers absorb excess oil on your face. If your forehead is looking like a shiny disco ball due to oiliness, grab one of these tissues and dab it onto affected areas for a little relief. They also easily fit in a backpack or purse for on-the-go touch-ups!
16. This Blume acne oil helps reduce face breakouts without sacrificing hydration. Packed with blue tansy, black cumin seed, rose hip, and tamanu oils, this skin treatment reduces the appearance of acne scars and acts as a shield against future pimples.
17. Acure's Brightening Facial Scrub multitasks by exfoliating dead skin cells, clearing impurities, *and* brightening your complexion. If you want your skin to glow like a lightbulb, this scrub will get the job done. 💡
Reviewers can't stop talking about this facial scrub, which has a 4.5-rating and more than 15,000 positive ratings!
Promising review: "I am in love with this facial scrub. I’ve had this for almost two weeks now and I love the way my skin is glowing! I have sensitive skin so I have to really be careful with the products I choose. Even after one use, you start to see a difference. It moisturizes, exfoliates, and leaves your skin smooth. I didn’t even need to apply a moisturizer afterward! Definitely a must-have!" —Mizza C.
Get it from Amazon for $8.59.
18. And to continue the exfoliation, Beauty Strike's papaya and pineapple sheet mask is a great pick-me-up for your complexion. This skincare treat gently removes dry skin and brightens dull areas. Baby-soft skin on your next day off *is* possible.
Beauty Strike is a Black woman-owned business with a vegan-friendly beauty and skincare line. They're known for soothing cleansers, toners, and face masks that smell heavenly *and* help alleviate stressed-out skin.
Promising review: "I absolutely loved this sheet mask, it left my skin feeling so soft. I left it on for 10 minutes and washed off as soon as I felt my skin begin to tingle a little bit, and it didn't leave me irritated at all. My skin was glowing and clearer the very next morning!" —Beauty Strike Customer
Get it from Beauty Strike for $6+ (also available in a five-pack).
19. Radha Beauty Rosehip Oil helps remedy the annoying skin problems you've been trying to treat. Age spots, blemishes, and scarring are no match for this multitasking formula packed with antioxidants, essential fatty acids, and vitamins.
20. Paula's Choice Skin Perfecting 2% BHA Liquid Salicylic Acid Exfoliant takes care of pesky blackheads and simultaneously helps smooth your face. Packed with 2% BHA (Beta hydroxy acid), it sloughs away dead skin cells and unclogs pores. Apply it after you cleanse and tone your face for a clearer complexion.
Promising review: "I’ve struggled with hyperpigmentation, acne scars that stay for years, and worst of all were the blackheads and large pores. I thought scrubbing with exfoliants was the key, but it actually made things worse and caused micro tears on my face. I have only been using this product two weeks and the changes I’ve seen in my skin have been amazing. I would recommend this product to anyone who is struggling with scarring, blackheads, and large pores. This does the trick!" —ACooper2
Get it from Amazon for $10+ (available in two sizes).
21. Honest Beauty's konjac sponge gently buffs your face, so you can achieve a more radiant complexion over time. This gentle tool, which is made with konjac root and pink koalin clay, can be used alone or with a cleanser if your skin needs a break from dryness and dullness.
Promising review: "I originally got this for myself, but my husband used it once, and now loves it. It was apparently a life-changing experience for him. He says it feels really nice on his beard and face, and makes his skin feel baby smooth. I guess I know what to put in his stocking this year." —Target Customer
Get it from Target for $7.99.
22. Glossier's Futuredew gets your skin ~glowing~ with nourishing oils (evening primrose, grape seed, jojoba, and rosehip oils) and botanical-based extracts. Rub a tiny bit onto your cheeks and forehead if your tired, dull complexion needs a little boost.
With a 4.3-rating and tons of positive reviews, this serum is great for anyone who wants a dewier, more radiant look and is easy to add to any skincare regimen.
Promising review: "The other day I stopped as I was passing a mirror and realized I was...glowing. Then I realized it must have been the fault of Futuredew, as I had never looked that good before and it was my first day wearing the serum. My skin is sparkling, and soft, and the glow shows through even after I apply makeup." —Glossier Customer
Get it from Glossier for $24.
23. Differin Adapalene Gel 0.1% Acne Treatment ~hits the spot~ for treating clogged pores and stubborn blemishes. It helps prevent acne from making a return to your cheeks, chin, and forehead *and* halts breakouts in their tracks, thanks to its noncomedogenic formula.
24. This Briogeo scalp treatment soothes your flaky and itchy scalp: Whether you're dealing with mild dandruff or product buildup, this charcoal and tea tree formula will provide hydration and remove impurities. And, it's designed for curly, coily, wavy, and straight hair!
25. Ebanel's Acne Drying Lotion lifts gross gunk out of blemishes, cysts, and zits and helps clarify your complexion (buh-bye irritation)! Apply this soothing formula before bed and wake up in the morning with fewer breakouts.
26. Habit's skin mister provides great sun protection and requires no rubbing (I REPEAT, no rubbing). Spritz this SPF 41 mist on your skin and go about your day. Oh, and it smells so good thanks to its lavender, rosemary, and rose geranium scent.
27. Or a Fenty Skin moisturizer with SPF 30 if you need a formula that'll help combat dryness and dark spots. It contains niacinamide and kalahari melon that work together to boost hydration and shield your skin from the sun. Plus, it's suitable for all skin types!
28. Aria Starr Dead Sea Mud Mask draws out dirt, impurities, and dead skin, so your face can be free from pesky acne and blackheads. It's formulated with minerals like calcium, magnesium, potassium, sulphur, and zinc that'll exfoliate and deep clean areas around your cheeks, chin, and forehead.
Reviewers also swear by this skincare treatment, which has 2,121 5-star reviews and a 4.4-rating!
Promising review: "I ordered this face mask right as I was finishing up finals week, as I always seem to break out from all the stress. I applied this mask with one of my silicone mask brushes and wow: I had visible results after the first use! I have combination skin and each time I've used this, my skin looks clearer and clearer and feels great. I usually wait until it's completely dry and then either rinse it off in the shower or rinse gently with a warm washcloth in circular motions. I've used this mask a few times now and I still have a lot of product left, which is also a plus because I hate buying a mask only to have to keep buying it over and over again." —Makayla Anfinson
Get it from Amazon for $14.95.
29. And these silicone facial applicator brushes help you apply face masks like a pro on self-care days. With soft bristles and a sturdy handle, you'll be *painting* masks and serums on your face without making a big mess.
They have 3,541 positive reviews and a 4.6-rating!
Promising review: "I no longer dread putting on my face products. I was using my fingers to apply the product to my face, it was so messy and it got in my nails too. When I came across these silicone brushes, I knew I had to have them. I use my facial products more often because I'm no longer worried about the annoying mess. The silicone brush is very flexible and spreads the product on my face nicely." —Amazon Customer
Get a set of two from Amazon for $4.39.
30. Biossance Squalane + Lactid Acid Resurfacing Night Serum makes your nighttime routine a breeze, because it'll exfoliate dead skin, reduce the appearance of pores, *and* smooth your complexion.
31. TruSkin Naturals Hyaluronic Acid Serum absorbs fast into your skin and hydrates trouble spots, including clogged pores and irritated breakouts. It's packed with antioxidants, including vitamin C and vitamin E, that help shield your face from environmental stressors and free radicals.
It's received 1,837 positive reviews and a 4.4-rating!
Promising review: "This is a staple in my skin care routine along with the eye gel. Goes on and doesn’t leave a residue (like a lot of competitors do) and after using continuously has really changed the texture of my skin. When I do have hormonal breakouts, they clear so much quicker now and don’t leave marks. Also in combo with the vitamin C the lines in my forehead and neck have diminished." —Amazon Customer
Get it from Amazon for $15.95+ (available in two sizes).
32. Versed Skincare Baby Cheeks Hydrating Milk is a makeup remover *and* hydrating toner all in one. It removes stubborn foundation, impurities, and dirt from your face with a few applications. You can use it in the morning and/or night after cleansing but before applying serum and moisturizer.
Reviewers say this product is "game-changing," "super-hydrating," and gave it a 4.5-rating!
Promising review: "I have never used a cleanser/toner before and I am never going to go back. I have pretty sensitive dry skin that is prone to a lot of redness. I have been using this product every single night for just a little two weeks now and have noticed a drastic difference in the reduction of my redness. I even went to the store without any makeup or concealer on today! This is a fantastic product and I will buy it for the rest of my life." —Versed Skincare Customer
Get it from Versed Skincare for $17.99.
33. And this Milky Piggy Carbonated Bubble Clay Mask tackles clogged pores and adds some fun to your skincare routine. Reviewers love this soothing mask, which foams up on your face *and* draws out dirt and oil from trouble zones. It contains charcoal powder extract, green tea, and pomegranate that'll help detox your skin and leave it squeaky clean.
A whopping 1,466 reviews say this skincare treat was "fun" and it received a 4.4-rating!
Promising review: "This mask is simply amazing. When I first opened it, I was a little disappointed by the size. Surely this isn't enough to last, but I soldiered on, applying little dabs with the convenient paddle. I discovered a little goes a VERY long way. I let it settle for five minutes and it began to bubble! I looked like a little gray pig — oink! Then I massaged with tepid water, rinsed well, and wow! My pores were unclogged and my skin was baby soft. I use products more expensive than this little jar, but it achieved and exceed those same results! So impressed. My skin is oily in my T-zone and super sensitive. This did not overly dry my skin or irritate at all!" —Sam l. Holloway
Reviews have been edited for length and/or clarity.