31 Problem-Solving Products That'll Be Incredibly Useful For Your Exercise Routine
Crush your next workout without chafing, slippery mats, or sore muscles. 💪
We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
Unless otherwise specified, all sizes in this post are listed in women's.
1. A pack of dumbell exercise cards, so you can mix up your strength training routine with squat curls, lunge presses, and more moves. Whenever you find yourself in a debate about whether to work your biceps or deltoids, let these cards determine your next sweat session.
Promising review: "These cards are *amazing.* I love that I can schedule my workout week sensibly and safely, I really appreciate the tips on the backs of the cards! The HIIT and Core cards are such a nice bonus, too! My favorite part of this item is that I can do my workout at my pace." —Amazon Customer
Get it from Amazon for $14.99 (available in three volumes).
2. A patterned yoga mat with an ultra-absorbent top layer that will help you move from pose to pose without slipping. It's cushioned to support your bod and it won't get all icky, even if you're sweating a lot during your practice.
CultureFit Clothing is a small business that specializes in high-performance activewear. From gorgeous yoga mats to moisture-wicking capris, you'll find so many pieces of clothing and equipment for your fitness routine.
Promising review: "This is the best yoga mat I have ever purchased! It's thick and durable with the most beautiful design. Definitely recommend to everyone!" —CultureFit Clothing Customer
Get it from CultureFit Clothing for $89.99.
3. Glow-in-the-dark running armbands, so you can stay safe during your a.m. or p.m. workouts. These bands easily slide onto your arms and help make you more visible when it's early in the morning or late at night.
Promising review: "I bought these because it's now too dark out to safely run without something making me visible. These do the trick really well. They've got elastic bands on them, so once you get them sized to your arm, they can just be slipped on and off. They're quite comfortable once you get them on, and they don't feel like they're going to fall off." —Amazon Customer
Get a pack of two from Amazon for $12.99 (available in six colors).
4. A sturdy foam roller that'll help soothe tight muscles after kickboxing, running, and cycling. It has triple grid massage zones that'll get to work on all sore areas, so you can enjoy your post-workout recovery time.
Promising review: "Nothing has been helping. From running, to walking uphill both ways to work (yes, this is possible), to wearing heels all day, my calves were tight. Nothing has been working. This roller was a godsend. I actually have more mobility after using it than traditional stretching, and I think there was a knot in each calf that it worked out. This is a must-have." —Amazon Customer
Get it from Amazon for $22.99 (available in six colors).
5. An interactive Plankboard, so you can hit all your key body areas (think core, legs, arms, and back) and boost your balance abilities while you play games on your smart TV or phone. You won't need a lot of space to get a killer workout with this gadget.
Promising review: "I love it! The design is clean and simple. The games are basic, but still keep me in a plank longer than normal. I like the workout part, basically 30-second intervals of different exercises, you pick how many 30-second segments you want to do at a time. There is a daily challenge too. I would be bored to tears after one 40-second regular plank, I do over six minutes plus at each session on this and you really feel it strengthening your core." —Amazon Customer
Get it from Amazon for $119.
6. A pair of resistance bands that'll stay in place and not roll up during Pilates exercises. You can strengthen your lower body muscles *and* crush leg raises without having to stop mid-workout to fix 'em.
7. Compression socks, because you want to keep leg swelling at bay and run comfortably for long periods of time. They're also made with a breathable material to prevent moisture from getting in the way of your sweat session.
Promising review: "You guys I love these! I'm a runner and for the past year, I have been suffering from shin splint pain not during my 5-mile runs, but right after, so I decided to buy a couple of these and give it a try! I started to wear a pair during my runs and a pair to sleep, man did this make a huge difference! The swelling has gone down and I feel amazing! I really do recommend these for runners!" —Amazon Customer
Get them from Amazon for $16.08+ (available in three sizes and nine colors).
8. A time-marked water bottle to keep track of your daily H2O intake. Staying hydrated is key during workouts and this container will let you know if you're drinking enough water.
Promising review: "I work out often and drink a lot of water during exercise. This bottle really hold the perfect amount of water for workouts. This bottle is great because it has little time labels on the side that says how much water you should drink at each hour of the day to stay hydrated correctly. I couldn't be more pleased." —Amazon Customer
Get it from Amazon for $18.95 (available in two colors).
9. A wire-free sports bra, so you can keep back pain and bouncing at bay. Breathable fabric, a secure shape, *and* a comfy hook-and-eye closure? The workout gods have spoken.
Promising review: "My search for a sports bra is finally over! My bust is fully supported in this bra, it's comfortable, easy to put on, and cute! I especially like the panel that prevents too much cleavage, which has always been a problem for me." —Amazon Customer
Get it from Amazon for $21.99+ (available in sizes 34C–50J and 10 colors).
10. A pair of workout shorts that'll hit your waist at the right spot, stay in place, and keep you dry during cardio exercise. With moisture-wicking fabric and a gorgeous print, you'll be ~working up a sweat~ in style.
11. A dumbbell rack to safely store weights in a corner or closet. With 10 slots and a tiered design, you won't have to worry about tripping over one of your dumbbells again in between sets.
Promising review: "This is a great holder for my weights. I have five sets of barbells. They were all over in the floor in the way. Now they are neatly in the corner. This stand is heavy duty and sturdy! I put it together myself!" —Amazon Customer
Get it from Amazon for $59.99+ (available in nine colors).
12. An exercise ball that'll help strengthen your core and easily fit under your desk when you're not using it. You can totally hit all those ab muscles while you binge-watch your favorite TV shows or movies.
Promising review: "I have a hard time doing sit-ups on the floor because it hurts my tailbone so I ordered this. I now use it for not only sit-ups, but also back extensions and since I don’t have a weight bench I use it for other exercises like dumbbell chest presses. I also got a workout airing it up the first time, haha." —Amazon Customer
Get it from Amazon for $21.95+ (available in five sizes and 13 colors).
13. A nonslip yoga towel for your hot yoga sessions at home: It not only comes in cute colors, but helps absorb sweat and prevents sliding. Flowing from one pose to the next will be a breeze with this workout essential.
Promising review: "I practice hot yoga approximately two times per week. I bought this towel because beach towels just weren't working. They didn't fit correctly and they would always bunch up. Then I tried this towel and I'm in love! It absorbs all of the sweat, it fits my mat perfectly, I love the color, and it's actually affordable. Get this towel, you won't be disappointed." —Amazon Customer
Get it from Amazon for $12.95+ (available in seven colors).
14. Anti-chafing thigh bands to wear during high-intensity exercises. These lil' helpers are made to reduce sweat and chafing, and easily slip under activewear bottoms. Raise your hand if you're done dealing with irritated thighs after working out.
15. And an anti-chafe balm that'll help keep other parts of your body safe (like underarms and feet) from skin rubbing issues including irritation and redness.
16. High-rise pocket leggings so perfect for basically every type of workout session, you'll be thinking "where have you been all my life?" They check off all the boxes for design (moss, plum, and more chic shades for your activewear wardrobe), compression (yes, they'll actually stay up when you exercise), and functionality (two roomy pockets to hold your cell phone and keys).
17. Core sliders for days when you want to give your abs the ultimate treatment. Your transverse abdominis and obliques will be *on fire* after using these helpers for planks, push-ups, and mountain climbers.
18. A foldable Treadly 2 Pro Treadmill, so you don't have to cancel your workout on rainy or way-too-hot summer days. You can walk or jog up to 5 mph, move the handrail up or down (and yes, this means you can walk on the treadmill even with the rail *all the way down on the floor* for workouts), and track your daily progress in the Treadly App.
19. A sporty baseball cap because you need a little shade and protection from the sun on long hikes and jogs. It also doubles up as a great accessory and will go with all your activewear outfits.
Promising review: "I love this hat! It’s so comfortable, has a great fit, and it's flexible. It’s definitely on trend. I wear it for my morning walks, goes great with anything from your extra cute workout outfit, to relaxed and comfy." —Amazon Customer
Get it from Amazon for $25.88+ (one size fits all, available in 32 colors).
20. An adjustable weight bench for various dumbbell exercises. With seven back positions and three seat positions, you can comfortably sit and lay on your back while you're completing bicep curls or chest presses. No more using the floor or a flimsy chair when you want to work on your upper body.
21. A pair of fitness gloves because your hands need a little protection from blisters and calluses. Slip these babies on for weight training and pull-ups and crush your workout with ease.
22. Or a pair of ventilated workout gloves if you hate getting blisters and calluses but also can't stand how sweaty regular gloves feel on the back of your hands.
23. An aerial yoga hammock that'll help you do inversions and more yoga positions basically anywhere at home. Whether you're in the backyard, garage, or living room, you'll get to recreate a studio-like atmosphere for flexibility and relaxation. 🧘♀️
24. A ventilated tank top to wear for high-impact and low-impact activities, so your bod won't be too sweaty. Mesh material in the back helps wick away perspiration, while a racerback-friendly shape works with multiple types of sports bras.
Promising review: "I bought the small and it fits perfectly. It’s long enough to wear with leggings, not too tight, and not see through. The color is bright and vibrant. The mesh back is a nice touch for airflow during my more intense workouts and cute with sports bras. I’ll be buying this in more colors." —Amazon Customer
Get it from Amazon for $18.98+ (available in sizes XS—XXL and 18 colors).
25. A balance ball trainer that'll help you squat, do leg lifts, and stabilize your core, even if you don't have room for a gigantic home gym.
You can use both sides for various exercises and it comes with removable resistance bands for upper body strengthening!
Promising review: "Good item, easy to inflate! You can do various balancing exercises to strengthen the core. This is perfect for an at-home workout. Now I use it once a week and I'm very happy with the quality." —Amazon Customer
Get it from Amazon for $59.99 (also available in purple).
26. A pair of running insoles for long walks, jogs, and sprints: These are designed to minimize shock by 40% and help keep your feet smelling fresh. Buh-bye shin splints and stinky feet.
Promising review: "I noticed a difference on the first use. I didn't get shin splints while jogging so now I can just focus on going farther. I am thankful I tried these first before buying new shoes. Thank you so much for providing an affordable relief option for runners!" —Amazon Customer
Get a pair from Amazon for $11.69+ (available in three styles).
27. A stationary bike that'll take you straight to the studio with comfy seating, adjustable resistance, a multi-functional display, and a space-saving design. You may not be in class, but you can have your own sweat session indoors.
Promising review: "This bike is easy to assemble, which works out good for a person like me who is not very patient. I like the color too, it sort of adds an accent in my house with this black and red color, but it is not too big to take too much space in the house (that was my worry before we assembled it). It is comfortable to ride on, enough padding on the seat, and definitely an excellent tool to workout and burn some extra calories! " —Amazon Customer
Get it from Amazon for $259.99.
28. Athletic tape because sore muscles can be a *pain* after a strenuous workout. This tape won't feel uncomfortable on your skin and can help aid the recovery process.
Promising review: "My husband has played sports his entire life and as a result, has a lot of muscle damage which can affect his day to day life as an adult. The wraps from physical therapy just don't cut it! They are sticky and fall apart after a few hours so we gave this tape a try. He loved it. He said he felt so supported, it wasn't sticky, and he could wrap the tape many different ways to find his perfect comfort level." —Amazon Customer
Get a pack of three from Amazon for $11.99.
29. Push-up bars that'll feel way better than dumbbells or bare hands when you're doing push-ups on the floor. Each handle gives you a solid grip and rotates as you go down, so you're not slipping and sliding. Doing push-ups on your knees? No problem, these small helpers will be great for those too.
30. A set of adjustable weights so you can gradually work on your lifting skills at home. With multiple weight levels (from 2.3 pounds to 4.5 pounds), you can give your biceps and deltoids the ultimate treatment during exercise sessions.
31. And a hydration running belt that comes not only with one, but two fillable water bottles and a roomy pocket for your essentials. Yes to hydration and *not* loosing your keys during a workout.
Promising review: "I'm training for a half-marathon and was looking for a hydration belt to replace my clunky hydration backpack. I wore this belt on a 13-mile run today and it is just what I needed! I filled up both water bottles, I stored a baggie of snacks, my phone (without the case), and tissues in the front pouch, and was able to access everything while running relatively hassle-free. Great purchase, well worth the money!" —Amazon Customer
Get it from Amazon for $16.97+ (available in two sizes and three colors).