Just 30 Gifts That Are Functional *And* Fashionable
Oversized scrunchies, warm puffer coats, cushy platform sneakers, and more amazing things they'll want to wear on repeat.
We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
What a year! The holidays are finally here! And while we’re doing our best to make sure the products we feature will arrive in time, shipping times are especially tricky this year, so we suggest shopping as early as you can.
Stock and shipping times can vary depending on where you live, which product you purchase, and more. So order earlier than you think you need to and be sure to double-check the retailers’ websites for shipping information to ensure that your gift will arrive in time for when you need it.
Unless otherwise specified, all sizes in this post are listed in women's.
1. A teddy coat to keep them nice and toasty when it's chilly outside. This piece of outerwear gives all the cozy feels and has spacious pockets for their cellphone, keys, and wallet. They can skip carrying a bulky purse *and* stay warm all day.
2. A pair of durable boots because they'll avoid slipping on the ground *and* have cute footwear that'll complete their fall/winter looks. With a sturdy rubber heel cap and studded rubber soles, they can walk comfortably while running errands or visiting the farmer's market.
3. A striped sweater that'll be a cold weather staple for the fashionista in your life. When the temperature drops they'll be snug as heck, stay warm, and wear this gem over and over again.
4. Polarized sunglasses with a sleek shape that are great for everyday wear. If they're headed to the beach or simply spending time outside, these babies will shield their eyes from the sun and go with everything in their wardrobe.
5. Colorful hair clips to hold up strands and transform a boring 'do into something beautiful. They'll love wearing these beauties with their hair up or down.
6. Or an oversized scrunchie if they have long hair and want to put it up in a ponytail. Plus, it'll add a pop of color to whatever cozy outfit they're wearing.
7. A patch sweatshirt just begging to be part of their loungewear wardrobe. It's super warm, has a comfy shape perfect for layering, and a cute alien patch. They'll love wearing this whenever they relax at home or go for nature walks outside.
8. A foldover leather tote because they need a sleek everyday bag that'll last, securely hold belongings, and double up as a smaller purse. Whether they're commuting to work or running errands, this chic accessory can easily fit tech gadgets, water bottles, and other essentials.
9. A pair of suede boots that'll match everything in their closet (even dresses they still want to wear during the winter) and still be comfy to walk in when it's cold outside.
10. A gorgeous bodysuit so they can instantly put together a casual *or* dressed-up look that's equally stylish and comfortable. A seamless design makes it easy to tuck into jeans or pants and textured fabric will feel soft on their skin.
11. A quilted crossbody for the person who's always like "where are my keys, phone, and credit card" on repeat. Three pockets make organizing a breeze and they won't need to spend so much time looking for important essentials anymore.
12. A one-shoulder sports bra with moisture-wicking fabric, a supportive fit, and laser-cut detailing that'll score them major compliments during their next virtual class. On top of looking really good, they'll avoid chafing, bouncing, and feeling like a sweat puddle.
13. Platform sneakers to slip into for outdoor adventures and grocery store trips. They'll dress up their jeans or joggers, and provide great cushioning (repeat after me: no more achy feet).
14. An embroidered baseball hat for anyone who basically lives in athleisure. The strap is completely adjustable too, in case they want to wear their hair up. All they need is an oversized hoodie, bike shorts, and a cap with a cute pineapple or "As If" patch to complete the look.
15. An open front cardigan that'll be ~purrfect~ for in between weather days. Whether they're going to a winery or dining al fresco, they won't feel too hot or cold in this closet staple. Plus, they can layer bodysuits, camis, and more tops underneath.
16. Soft knit socks so perfect for cold weather footwear, including chunky boots and lace-up boots. They can scrunch them up or cuff them to complete whatever cozy ensemble they're wearing.
17. An Orolay parka that'll be their go-to outerwear when winter hits. A midi-length, fleece-lined hood, and roomy pockets will help them conquer cold temperatures in style.
18. Platform oxfords just begging to be part of your sister's winter shoe lineup. Their gorgeous wine red color will literally go with everything in her closet — blazers, baby blue denim, mini skirts, the possibilities are endless. Plus, they're super comfy for walking!
19. A tie-dye loungewear set because they need something comfy to wear during WFH hours. When they don't feel like dressing up, this sweatshirt and joggers combo will ~get the job done~.
20. And a pair of comfy slippers that'll give their feet a break when they're lounging at home. They're stylish, come in a bunch of colors, and will feel like little pillows on their heels and toes.
21. Stretchy, high-rise trousers with roomy pockets and a tie waist for their wardrobe. They come in earthy colors (like army green and sky blue), that'll work well with turtleneck tops, blouses, and tees.
22. An Invisawear smart bracelet so versatile for everyday wear and helpful when it comes to safety. Inside the charm, there's a button that'll notify up to five contacts about their exact GPS location if they need assistance. All they have to do is press twice to alert their parents, bestie, or S.O. should something come up.
24. A cashmere ribbed beanie because they'll need something a bit warmer than a baseball cap for winter. Their head and ears won't freeze if they're going shopping or spending time at a ski resort.
25. An RFID-blocking travel wallet that'll hold their passport, IDs, credit cards, cash, and boarding tickets in a safe spot. They'll be less stressed once they get through security with this essential accessory.
26. A graphic tee for the person who is always wearing a white T-shirt-and-jeans uniform. (Name anything in fashion more practical than a classic tee!) With a fun print and comfy silhouette, they can't go wrong with this artsy-meets-minimal essential.
27. A grid-patterned scarf that's basically a chic blanket and so great for cold days. They'll get to keep their neck warm *and* brighten up their outfit.
28. TikTok-famous storage scrunchies to hold their hair up and (gasp) hold other essentials. Each has a discreet storage compartment that'll fit cash and lip balm. They won't have to worry about losing small things while they're out and about for once.
See them in action on TikTok here.
Promising review: "LIFE-CHANGER. I don't have to bring my whole purse with me anymore. This fits so much more than expected and the colors are perfect. The blue especially is beautiful. Good quality." —Tia
Get a pack of three from Amazon for $11.99 (available in two color combinations).