29 Home Workout Products That Must Have Been Designed By Geniuses
Yoga wheels, adjustable weights, and more gear that'll help you get moving.
We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. Push-up bars that'll feel better than dumbbells or bare hands when you're doing push-ups on the floor. Each handle gives you a solid grip, so you're not slipping and sliding when you're moving up and down.
2. A Core Max 2.0 because you'll basically have a home gym without having to buy so much equipment. You can do crunches, push-ups, and multiple bodyweight movements with this compact device that'll help you ~work up a sweat~ in your apartment or studio.
3. A set of resistance bands, so you can challenge your lower body basically anywhere indoors. Do squats, lunges, and more moves with these bands that come in five different resistance levels (x-light, light, medium, heavy and x-heavy) and put your butt and legs to *WORK*.
4. And a thicker pair, if you're ready to activate your hips, thighs, and glutes during your next sweat session. Slip these babies on if you want to take your deadlifts and squats to the next level. 🔥
Ju’Nae Fit is a small business known for their comfy athletic apparel. You'll find crop tops, bike shorts, leggings, and more stylish activewear.
Promising review: "These are the perfect booty bands! They are thick and do not slip or roll like cheap, thin bands I’ve used in the past. Great for a ton of different leg and glute workouts— squats, donkey kicks, glute bridges, you name it! Package arrived quickly too! Would definitely recommend!" —Ju’Nae Fit Customer
Get a set of two from Ju’Nae Fit for $30.
5. A DribbleUp smart basketball, so you can enjoy a fun, interactive workout indoors. It directly connects to a smart device, comes with live and on-demand classes focused on reps, drills, and form, and you'll love feeling like you're on the court, when IRL, you're just working up a sweat indoors.
6. A yoga wheel, because you'll ~wheely~ enjoy increased mobility during your flow. It's designed to help reduce tension along your spine, so you can complete poses and effectively stretch your back at the same time.
7. A set of adjustable weights that'll help you gradually work on your lifting skills at home. With multiple weight levels (from 2.3 pounds to 4.5 pounds), you can give your biceps and deltoids the ultimate treatment during exercise sessions.
8. And a Kettle Gryp to give your sweaty hands a *lift* during strength training workouts. Place it around a dumbbell, close it up, and bam, you're good to start working out. Dropping weights will be the least of your worries now.
9. A foldable treadmill with walking *and* running modes, so you can do some cardio in any corner of the house. Storage-wise, it doesn't take up a lot of room under a desk or bed, making it a great option for smaller living spaces.
10. A punching bag set so you can do a fast workout that'll get your arms in great shape *and* help you relieve some stress. It even comes with gloves, so you can easily create your own boxing setup indoors or outdoors, and pretend like you're the star of your very own Rocky.
11. A patterned yoga mat with an ultra-absorbent top layer that will help you move from pose to pose without slipping. It's cushioned to support your bod and it won't get all icky, even if you're sweating a lot during your practice.
12. And a nonslip yoga mat towel that'll absorb gross sweat during indoor hot yoga sessions. For such a small workout essential, it doesn't take up too much room and it's machine-washable (win).
13. An interactive Plankboard so you can hit all your key body areas (think core, legs, arms, and back) and boost your balance abilities while you play games on your smart TV or phone. The best part? You don't need a massive home gym to use this cool gadget.
14. A Ubarre weight that'll add a little more oomph to your boring Pilates session and double up as a chic piece of home decor. Use it while you do lunges, twists, and more toning exercises in your bedroom or living room.
15. An ab wheel so you can ~roll~ your way to a stronger core on your living room floor. If you need a break from your go-to crunches and sit-ups, this compact gadget will put your muscles to work in less time than a typical ab circuit.
16. A stationary bike that'll take you straight to the studio with padded seating, adjustable resistance, and a multi-functional display. You can ~go the distance~ and work your legs without braving the elements. Plus, it's super easy to move from room to room, thanks to transportation wheels!
Promising review: "This bike is easy to assemble, which works out good for a person like me who is not very patient. I like the color too, it sort of adds an accent in my house with this black and red color, but it is not too big to take too much space in the house (that was my worry before we assembled it). It is comfortable to ride on, enough padding on the seat, and definitely an excellent tool to work out and burn some extra calories!" —Amazon Customer
Get it from Amazon for $299.99+ (available in two colors).
17. An aerial yoga hammock to help you do inversions and more yoga positions basically anywhere at home. Whether you're in the backyard, garage, or living room, you'll get to recreate a studio-like atmosphere for flexibility and relaxation. 🧘♀️
18. Adjustable Bala Bangles that'll add a lil' resistance (not to mention style) to your virtual fitness classes. These bracelet-like babies weigh one pound each, but they'll help boost strength whenever you're doing cardio or strength training. Just wrap them on your wrists or ankles for a little workout pick-me-up.
BuzzFeed editor Elizabeth Lilly loves these bangles and said: "I've bought, used, and then promptly forgotten about wrist/ankle weights before but I ADORE these. They're really nice looking (as you can see) and I've never had trouble with them coming off my wrists or ankles during HIIT workouts." Read more of her Bala Bangles review (it's #7).
Get them from Amazon for $49 (available in six colors).
19. An adjustable weight bench for various dumbbell exercises. With seven back positions and three seat positions, you can comfortably sit and lay on your back while you're completing bicep curls or chest presses.
20. A portable strider that you can use while sitting down or standing up indoors. Move forward or backward with this piece of equipment, which comes with padded resistance tubes and a fitness monitor showing exercise time, calories burned, and the number of strides per minute!
21. Core sliders for days when you want to give your abs the ultimate treatment. Your transverse abdominis and obliques will be *on fire* after using these helpers for planks, push-ups, and mountain climbers.
22. A tiny elliptical that doesn't even require you to get up from the couch or desk 😲: Slide your feet in and pedal away with eight resistance levels while you watch TV or write emails.
23. A jump rope with a digital counter that'll count skips during reps. You can also time jump sessions and see how many calories you burned. If you're ready to do double-unders and get your heart rate going, this compact piece of equipment will be a big help.
Promising review: "I love how this jump rope has both a timer and a counter. This allows me to jump for a fixed length of time without having to check my phone. I usually jump for two minutes every set, and when the time is up the timer will beep to let me know, and then I rest for another minute before beginning another set. Also, it is difficult to keep counting when I am too exhausted from jumping, and I'm glad that the rope counts for me, so I don't have to worry about it. I can keep a very detailed record with these features. Overall this is a nice product, especially during the time of self-quarantine." —Lynda
Get it from Amazon for $16.95+ (available in six colors).
24. A deck of exercise cards to shake up your indoor fitness routine. Whenever you find yourself in a debate about whether to work your core, arms, or back, let these cards determine your next sweat sesh.
25. A TRX Suspension Training System for doing push-ups, pull-ups, planks, and more bodyweight moves. All you need to do is anchor it to a beam and give yourself a couple of feet to move around. No bulky equipment required.
26. An Obé Fitness membership if your fitness routine needs a spring revamp. Choose from barre, cardio boxing, HIIT, sculpt, yoga, and more engaging workouts that'll make your living room feel like a live studio. You can participate in express classes (they're only 10 minutes each!) or 28-minute live classes if you have more time.
27. A cool workout bow that'll help strengthen your body and give you a break from dumbbells. It comes with different strength bow bands, so you can get one heck of a resistance workout regardless of your level. Tone your arms, back, and legs with this portable gem.
Promising review: "Compared to competitors 2x–3x the price this thing competes perfectly well and gives you an awesome pump. I use it with a door anchor to do lat pull downs, stand on it for OPH and curls. It’s super diverse and I’m a big fan of all that can be accomplished." —Max Burnett
Get it from Amazon for $99.99.