We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
"Harsh" means something different to everyone. We included cleaning products that are free from ammonia, phosphates, and other potentially harmful ingredients. For more information on nontoxic cleaning products, visit the United States Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) website here.
1. A plant-derived all-purpose cleaner so you can tackle messes around home with ease. This formula has soap bark, coconut, and corn, which will get to work on stubborn grease, sauces, and spills.
2. A set of 100% natural cellulose Swedish dishcloths to save yourself from using a million paper towels in the kitchen. These gems, which are made from cotton and wood pulp, work great on counters and you can reuse them again and again.
3. An eco-friendly carpet cleaner, because you can deodorize *and* remove pesky stains from rugs without a nasty chemical-y smell. This formula, which is free from sulfates, phosphates, bleach, and animal by-products, will leave your upholstered surfaces squeaky clean.
4. A nontoxic glass cleaner set so you can wipe away grime without leaving a streaky mess. Just fill the reusable bottle with water, drop in an unscented cleaning tablet, and spray dirty mirrors and windows that need a quick cleaning.
5. Bamboo paper towels that are 100% biodegradable and machine-washable. Spills and messes are no match for these cleaning essentials, which are reusable up to 120+ times.
6. Stink-free vegan sponges, because nothing's more gross than a smelly sponge when you're trying to wash plates. These tiny helpers are basically magic because they remove grime and grease from dishes and still smell fresh afterwards. They're not made with petroleum by-products, so you can reduce your carbon footprint *and* keep your silverware clean.
7. A plant-based floor cleaner to pair with your trusty mop. This formula, which is made with vinegar and doesn't have an abrasive scent, quickly gets to work on sticky messes. Won't it be nice to not have a headache after you're done cleaning?
8. A nontoxic dusting spray that's super gentle on tables, dressers, and nightstands. Vinegar, olive oil, and essential oils target debris and help minimize the dust colonies on your furniture.
9. Pumice stones to get rid of gross toilet bowl rings and hard water stains in the sink. Use one of these babies to remove rust and grime from bathroom surfaces without bleach or other potent cleaners.
10. A nontoxic tub and tile cleaner for your bathroom. Its plant-derived cleaning agents dissolve mineral deposits and soap scum (woot!), plus it comes with a spray bottle that you can reuse multiple times.
11. A stainless-steel cleaner and polish that's plant-based and tackles smudges on kitchen appliances. Coconut oil gives the polish its shine, so your dishwasher and fridge will be sparkling (and fingerprint-free) again.
12. A phosphate-free surface scrub for bathroom counter tops, stove burners, and more places around home that are incredibly messy. Made with plant-derived ingredients, these lil' helpers will remove everything from sauce to toothpaste.
13. A jewelry cleaner with plant-based ingredients that'll get your dull rings sparkling again. This gentle formula works great on gold and silver and won't leave a streaky residue behind.
14. Bio-based dishwasher detergent packs so you can remove grease, leftover food, and other tough debris for a powerful clean without bleach.
15. A sulfate-free dish soap that'll be so gentle on your hands and get your dirty cups, plates, and glasses squeaky-clean. It also smells so good, so you won't dread washing dishes after meals.
16. Biodegradable laundry detergent pods so you can brighten and deep-clean your clothes sans dyes, chlorine, and phosphates. If your washing machine needs some help fighting those tough stains, these tiny, eco-friendly pods will get the job done.
17. A nontoxic cleaning paste for ovens, stove tops, and shower doors that won't leave a streaky trail behind. Gross food residue and water deposits will be history, thanks to a powerhouse formula that's biodegradable.
18. An essential oil-based degreaser that'll do the dirty work for you and remove stubborn stains from surfaces. It's a USDA-certified bio-based product, has a nice scent, *and* works through tough grease, grime, and debris lingering on your counters and tables.
19. A nontoxic fabric refresher, because your bed, couch, and curtains don't have a heavenly scent (oh hey sweat and pet pee), and need some love. This formula has enzymes and plant-based ingredients that will eliminate gross odors from household things.
20. A multi-purpose cleaner to make your tidying problems go *poof* disappear. This formula is like the fairy godmother of household essentials because you can use it to clean carpets, remove stains from counter tops, and add it to laundry detergent.
21. A counter top spray cleaner for the one area in your kitchen that's always covered with water, grease, dried food, and other questionable messes. Made with veggie protein extract, this formula cleans up in a jiffy without a harsh scent.
22. A multi-surface cleaning powder that'll help lift rust and grime away from tubs, tiles, and more surfaces at home. Sprinkle this plant-based formula onto an area and scrub all the nasty stuff away with a sponge.
23. A pet stain remover so you don't have to deal with your fur baby's pee, poop, or vomit drying into your carpet or floor. Just spray this enzyme cleaner on dirty spots, let it sit for about 10 minutes, and dry the area with a cloth.
24. And an odorless and biodegradable drain clog remover, because it's been a minute since your bathroom drain was squeaky clean. This formula won't smell bad as it removes lint, hair, soap scum, and other gross substances from the abyss of your tub.
You, cleaning your house from top to bottom like a pro:
Reviews have been edited for length and/or clarity.