We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Some may have been sent as samples, but all opinions and reviews are our own. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. A spray-on cleaning gel for the stubborn rust turning your tub and shower walls a not-so-great orange hue. It dissolves them on the spot and scrubbing isn't necessary at all. Reviewers swear by it for those hard-to-clean spots in the bathroom that are prone to difficult stains.
Promising review: "Moved into our first home which had some rough problems to tackle due to years and years of hard water and rust. One problem in particular was the forever stained shower. I tried several different products with no or very little success. In fact by the time I picked this stuff up I was pretty skeptical that anything would help our situation. When I bought it (first time in spray form) I actually sprayed two passive streaks on the shower wall and immediately walked out. A few hours passed and I went to go to the bathroom and was absolutely floored to find, no kidding, two very white streaks where the spray had been. I’ve uploaded the before and after photos of the shower as proof (see them above!). Since, I’ve used both spray and powder forms for many cleaning tasks." —Sarah K.
Get a 2-pack from Amazon for $15.83.
2. The Pink Stuff cleaning paste that's popular on TikTok for a reason — it'll tackle stubborn stains on your stove, bathroom sink, kitchen tiles, and more surfaces that've been neglected at home. The before and after photos below speak for themselves and you'll be glad your cookware doesn't look rusty anymore. 😲
Promising review: "This stuff is AMAZING!!! It cleaned the impossible to remove scuff marks off my fridge, my stove top, and cleaned out pans that we have tried EVERYTHING on. It was so easy! It took minimal scrubbing and now we can use our pans again. So worth the money, you can use this stuff to clean so many things!" —Angie Sparrow
Get it from Amazon for $5.97+ (also available in a 2-pack and 3-pack).
3. A disposer foaming cleanser because when was the last time you ~actually~ cleaned your kitchen garbage disposal? It's easy to use and looks like a mini volcano erupting from your sink. Your stinky drain will thank you for this foamy and super-clean treatment.
Promising review: "This product is amazing. Every time I ran the dishwasher there was this horrible smell. So much that you could smell it throughout the apartment. I even started just hand-washing my dishes. But after about a week, the smell came back. I bought so many products to try and eliminate the smell, but after a couple of days, it would come back. Then I saw this product on BuzzFeed and thought to myself, why not? The first time I used it cleaned it out pretty well. Better than the other products. But then I used it a second time, and there was no smell. I'm going on two weeks of using my dishwasher, and I can't smell anything. I highly recommend this if you're having the same problem I was. This is by far the best kitchen cleaning product I've ever purchased." —khrystyne torres
Get a 4-pack from Amazon for $4.25 (also available in a pack for 24 uses).
4. A Wet & Forget shower cleaner that (gasp) you can literally leave and clean later. Instead of bending over a tub and scrubbing for eternity, all you have to do is apply it to the grimy area, go do something more enjoyable, and rinse it away the next day.
Promising review: "I have been having shower draining issues so there was a build up of soap scum in my shower. I have a very weak stomach and cleaning the shower makes me physically ill. I have tried several products that have claimed to be no scrub/wipe but this has been the only one that has worked. I sprayed it after my shower and left it to sit until the next night. Found that A LOT of the grime had disappeared. Now, was it perfect? No. But I think with consistent use it will get there. Highly recommend this product." —KZ
Get a 64-ounce bottle from Amazon for $19.98.
5. And a shower door cleaner to eliminate hard water stains and get glass doors sparkling clean. Reviewers swear by it because it helps glass doors look less cloudy and dirty.
Promising reviews: "This product works beautifully. I tried a lot of products to remove the hard water from my glass shower. I have to admit the first time I used it with a cloth it was not very effective. The second time I used a nonabrasive sponge for glass, it turned out beautiful just like the first day the glass was installed." —EJP
"I moved into a house with a cloudy shower door and this stuff cleaned it up so well! I applied a small amount to a damp cotton towel and wiped in circles all over the door. I didn’t have to scrub so to speak but applied gentle rubbing pressure. I then rinsed it off and dried with another cotton towel and it looked great. I was a little sloppy so there are a few spots to touch up, but the door looks so much better and the water doesn’t spot up the glass anymore! I was very impressed." —Amazon Customer
Get it from Amazon for $11.65.
6. A wowworthy grout cleaner that'll probably make you believe in magic, because it'll remove years and years of dirt and grime from floor tiles. If you'd rather not spend an entire day scrubbing and mopping, definitely consider this heavy-duty formula for your bathroom or kitchen.
Apply it to grout lines, let it sit for 5–10 minutes, and agitate the grout with a bristled brush to lift all the nasty gunk that's been there for way too long.
Promising review: "This stuff is seriously amazing. This is the one and only product review I have ever written, just because I'm so impressed with this stuff. Getting our house ready to sell and decided I needed to finally clean our filthy kitchen grout. This just lifted the grime away, took almost no scrubbing and no elbow grease. Totally worth the $20 a bottle." —James David Lambert
Get a 32-ounce bottle from Amazon for $21.95.
7. A water-based instant carpet spot remover because dirt, food and drink messes, and pet accidents will *poof* disappear with a couple of sprays. If the wine stain on your living room carpet is an eyesore, let this cleaner get the job done before any friends or family stop by!
Promising review: “There are products that you love and buy again. And then there are products that you love and can’t live without. And then above that, are a few select products that you revere and hold with the highest honor. Folex is that product. I have used Folex for years and it works wonders on everything from spilt coffee, wine, and dog messes, without any chemical smells or residue. But my love for Folex grew so much deeper when I dropped a 32 ounce jar of salsa down the stairs. My husband took one look and declared that the stairs were ruined and would need to be replaced. I took a look, grabbed the Folex and said, 'We’ve got this.' If you have children, pets or are very clumsy with your canned goods, you need this bulk-size jug in your arsenal of cleaning supplies.” —Carobnty
Get it from Amazon for $10.12+ (available in two sizes and in multi-packs).
8. Or Bissell Stomp & Go Cleaning Pads that'll spare you from grabbing a carpet-cleaning machine and cleaner. Just step on them to release a solution that'll lift set-in stains from coffee, wine, mud, and pet urine. Plus, no scrubbing is required: Just let these gems take care of the mess, and your carpet will smell and look great again.
Promising reviews: "These things saved me from replacing my entire upstairs carpet! We had already replaced one section before finding these and were worried we’d have to replace another section at a cost of $3,000. Stomp and leave it for 24 hours, and I was amazed to see my carpet was its original light cream color. I now stock a box of these and have told every one of my pet-owning friends about them. I’ll never spend hours scrubbing the floor or carpet shampooing again!" —findingk8
"I LOVE these and I haven’t even had them for 24 hours. My mom recommended them because they had an older dog who would mark after their younger dog and with dark red carpets, they couldn’t catch it early. If I’m out of the house for too long (life happens!) my two dogs sometimes have an accident.
After they pooped and peed on this top step one time, it was like I couldn’t get the smell out of the hall and it’s now a magnet for accidents. After a year in this home, the top step is noticeably darker than others despite many cleanings and deep cleanings with a Bissell hand carpet cleaner.
These bad boys have been down for 14 hours and the one downside is it DEFINITELY is increasing the urine smell in the stairwell right now, but LOOK at what it’s getting up!!! I’m honestly ashamed but mostly amazed. I’m hoping it will do the same as it did for my mother and no longer encourage them to go there. One more con is that they are a little small, so I will probably use all 24 on this step to get it completely clean. But I don’t care because it’s working!! —Kelsey Menze
Get a 20-pack from Amazon for $22.69.
9. Bottle Bright tablets so you can get rid of gross stuck-on stains in your coffee tumblers and water bottles. Plop one of these babies in, let them dissolve, and bam, you'll have a cleaner container in little time.
Promising review: "I had the most disgusting HydroFlask coffee mug — I tried everything. Bottle brush, different kinds of soap, vinegar, everything, and there was still a seemingly impenetrable layer of black sludge inside. It grossed me out so much that I bought another HydroFlask to replace it. Now eventually they both got black inside, so I tried these little magic tablets. I let a tablet sit in each of my mugs for an hour or two, and the black sludge rinsed out completely, without even scrubbing. They look brand-new. What a magical product." —Amazon Customer
Get a 12-pack from Amazon for $8 (also available in 36- and 78-packs).
10. A dryer vent cleaning kit to suck up debris from the depths of your dryer vent. This hose is over 2.6 feet long and attaches to your vacuum, making it easy to clean hard-to-reach crevices and remove all the nasty stuff clogging up your dryer vent.
This kit comes with a vacuum hose attachment and flexible lint brush to help give your dryer vent a deep clean!
Promising review: “Okay, LET'S TALK ABOUT THIS HOSE. My dryer was like one cycle away from catching fire, and my vacuum’s skinny hose nozzle was too short to get into my dryer vent because the nozzle widens after 6 inches. So when I saw this product go on sale I bought it and it came the next day. It came in two or three pieces that fit into each other and go over the vacuum hose. It was SO SATISFYING to watch the big clumps come out of the dryer vent! I mean my dryer was nasty. Look at the pictures (editor's note: see reviewer photo on the left). Well, this little hose got it all and it looks brand-new in there.” —Bee92
Get it from Amazon for $11.95 (available in four colors).
11. And washing machine cleaner tablets for grime and stinky residue left behind from dirty clothes. They're designed for top and front load washers and give the pump and valve, basket and drum, and filter parts a deep clean. Place one in your empty washer, select the "clean washer" cycle, and use a cloth to remove debris.
Note: It's recommended to use these tablets once a month to clean your washing machine.
Promising review: "I like the ease of use of Affresh; I like how my washer smells after I’ve used it, and if something happens where the machine ends up a little funky, I throw another one in before my monthly scheduled date to use it. I find it to be a great way to help my washer smell fresh and really clean, which gives me confidence that my clothes will be that way, too." —Marina
Get a 6-pack from Amazon for $11.98.
12. A stainless steel cleaner kit because it'll help wipe away smudges, fingerprints, and stains from your kitchen. Your appliances and sink will look so darn shiny, thanks to this essential-oil based formula and included microfiber cleaning cloth. Plus, it doesn't leave any streaks behind!
Promising review: "This product is AMAZING! I thought I'd never have the kind of glowing stainless steel appliances that you see in the magazines and online, and this product leaves them GORGEOUS! Best of all, it is plant-based, and the satiny smooth shine seems to repel dust, grime, and fingerprints. The light lavender fragrance actually inspired me to keep cleaning, and I have also added a new glow to my door and drawer pulls, my washer and dryer, and some steel metal decorative items." —Cynthia S.
Get it from Amazon for $19.95.
13. A pair of lint removers that'll lift up all the pet fur that's been trapped in your carpet for a long time. You'll be amazed at how these tiny tools can scoop up mounds of debris. Just roll it across your carpet to reveal all the crumbs, lint, and hairs that were previously lodged in there.
Check it out on TikTok here.
Promising review: "I kept seeing these all over TikTok, and I was noticing that my carpet looked strangely discolored from dog hair, even with constant vacuuming with my incredible pet vacuum. These tools pulled up so much dog hair, I could not believe it! I feel bad for my friends who have dog allergies that were coming over before we discovered this tool." —Lexy
Get a 2-pack from Amazon for $11.89.
14. And a squeegee broom to remove pet fur and human hair from indoor surfaces. Its rubber bottom picks up debris deeply trapped in your carpets and rugs, or scattered all over your hardwood floors. Take a look at the results below and you'll probably never go back to your vacuum.
BuzzFeed editor Emma Lord owns this squeegee broom and said: "An embarrassing confession: I do not have a pet, but I shed like nobody's business. My hair gets so ingrained in the carpet that a vacuum truly does nothing for it, so I often was just unrooting clumps of hair from the floor with my hands (sorry for the visual). I bought this broom and it immediately started pulling it up GOBS of hair. My carpet like, genuinely changed color (turns out the pink was supposed to be much pinker, whoops). Anyway, do with that semi-horrifying information what you will — you can read my full review of the pet hair broom for more deets."
Get it from Amazon for $19.26.
15. Dishwasher-cleaning tablets that'll wash away grease and limescale build-up and leave your dishwasher with a fresh scent. Use it solo *or* with your next load of dishes, cups, and plates: place one inside your dishwasher tray, run a wash cycle, and you'll give this kitchen appliance the cleaning of a lifetime.
Note: Using these tablets monthly can help improve dishwasher performance, because they'll clean hard-to-see areas (internal hoses, pump and valve, and the tub) crucial for washing dishes. If your plates are coming out cloudy or dirty often, you may want to buy some of these dishwasher-cleaning tablets for better results.
Promising review: "We moved into our house in late January and the previous owners were lazy. Upon opening the dishwasher you got hit with a 'yuck' smell. I tried a measuring cup filled with white vinegar, it helped, but the smell was still there. I saw these on a BuzzFeed list. I ordered and threw one in our dishwasher without any dishes and ran it. The smell is gone!!! I haven't noticed a difference in dish cleanliness yet but simply because I haven't ran it since. These are a great, inexpensive and easy way to clean your dishwasher for sure." —Amazon Customer
Get a 6-pack from Amazon for $8.99.
16. A blinds duster because it's been a minute since you've cleaned your window blinds, and you just noticed they're covered in gross debris. It comes with washable microfiber sleeves that'll effectively pick up dust and can clean the tops and bottoms of two blinds at the same time.
Note: This isn't recommended for large blinds or straight blinds, so for those you may want to try a bigger duster, such as this fluffy microfiber one.
Promising review: "I'll be honest, I ordered this because of the price. After reviewing several other options and having been disappointed with previous dusters I've had, I figured why spend more money on something that isn't going to work? So I ordered the least expensive option, but wow does this little tool rock! It's very easy to use and clean. It does a fantastic job of cleaning and dusting the blinds and gets *all* of the crud off of them. My blinds haven't been this clean since the day they were first installed. Very happy with purchase." —Amazon Shopper
Get a duster brush and five microfiber sleeves from Amazon for $7.99 (available in two colors).
17. A Bar Keepers cleanser and polishing powder that'll bring your tarnished pots and pans back to life: Mineral deposits and rust will be gone with this bleach-free formula. Sprinkle it onto your wet cookware, gently rub it with a sponge, rinse, and gently wipe it dry. Yay for shiny (and revived) cookware!
You can also use this cleaner on bathroom and outdoor surfaces!
Promising review: "As you can see in the photo (editor's note: see image above), it’s safe to say this stuff works. I left it on for a little while, and when I came back, this was the result of less than two minutes of scrubbing!" —Donette
Get a 2-pack from Amazon for $9.18.
18. A pumice stone for the nasty rings in your toilet bowl that won't budge, even with bleach. Use one of these scouring sticks to remove mineral deposits, limescale, rust, and other stains in a few minutes.
These pumice stones can also be used to clean other surfaces, like ceramic tile, concrete, and porcelain, around your home!
Promising review: "I can’t even tell you how much I love this product. I was so embarrassed of out toilet and bathtub in our guest bathroom. Our water is so full of iron, you can’t even drink it, so it stained everything it touched. It took a little bit of elbow grease but this is the only thing I have found that will take the staining off! I will recommend to anyone I know!" —MorganeC.
Get a 2-pack from Amazon for $9.49.