These 38 Cheap Items Work Well, And We Have The Review Photos To Prove It
Window fly traps, bra strap cushions, and more things that actually do their jobs and have the photographic evidence to prove it. ✨
We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. A rust stain remover that'll tackle the toughest orange spots ruining your shower walls and sinks. You'll save $$$ on bathroom repairs and spare yourself from a lengthy cleaning session. Just spray, wait a few seconds, wipe with a cloth, and rinse!
2. A pack of window fly traps because pesky insects won't leave your home. Each clear adhesive sticks to a window and easily captures bugs (flies, gnats, and more), so you don't have to chase 'em down with a swatter or paper towel.
3. Dermaplaning tools so perfect for peach fuzz and shaping brows, you'll probably break up with your favorite pair of tweezers. They have micro-guarded blades that effectively remove hair and help protect your skin from cuts.
4. A laundry whitener for your T-shirts and socks that are always covered in gross dirt and sweat stains. Add it to your laundry load with detergent and your white clothes will come out cleaner than before.
5. A car mask hanger because your face masks are always lost in your vehicle, aka, ending up under a seat or crammed into the glove box compartment (sigh). Avoid this dilemma and place them on this pretty storage hub, where they'll be readily accessible.
6. A 3-in-1 veggie chopper, slicer, and spiralizer so you can have plant-based ingredients ready before cooking. You'll get perfectly diced cucumbers, tomatoes, and onions for every meal 👏.
7. A Wet & Forget shower cleaner that (gasp) you can literally leave and clean later. Instead of bending over a tub and scrubbing for eternity, all you have to do is apply to the grimy area, go do something more enjoyable, and rinse it away the next day.
8. An Essence Lash Princess mascara for wow-worthy lashes that cost less than $5. It'll help lift and lengthen lashes, thanks to conic fiber brushes that'll gently coat tiny lash line hairs.
9. Dan-O's seasoning to help you step up your cooking game. A mouthwatering combo of natural sea salt, citrus, dried herbs, granulated onion, and garlic will add major flavor to anything from eggs to fish to veggies.
10. A foot file so good at gently removing dead skin, you'll gasp at your newly soft heels that were once crusty, calloused, and cracked. If you'd like your feet to be baby soft again, this cheese grater–like tool can help you out!
11. A multipurpose cleaning paste that'll save you so much time — it'll tackle stubborn stains on your stove, bathroom sink, and more messy surfaces. You can even use it to clean dirty pots and pans! No more scrubbing and wiping for hours.
12. A set of five-rung pants hangers for all your leggings, jeans, and pants. Instead of throwing them on a closet shelf, you can neatly hang them up in your closet. Just slide them in from the top thanks to each hanger's open-ended shape!
13. A top-rated acne oil so you can minimize face breakouts without sacrificing hydration. Packed with blue tansy, black cumin seed, rose hip, and tamanu oils, this skin treatment reduces the appearance of acne scars and acts as a shield against future pimples.
14. A bag handle holder that'll make sure your precious groceries don't end up all over the sidewalk in transit. Carry multiple bags at a time without cramping up your shoulder, arms, and fingers.
15. A pack of plant food spikes because your green babies need the proper nutrients to thrive indoors and avoid wilting. This fertilizer can be used for all kinds of of plants like house crotons, ferns, and spider plants and takes the stress out of plant care.
16. A dual hair dryer and brush that'll dry *and* style your 'do at the same time. Its three heat settings will get to work on wet hair, while its rounded edges and an oval brush design increase volume and curl your ends.
17. A makeup brush–cleansing shampoo because your makeup brushes are in need of a deep clean. If they're coated in blush, eyeshadow, or foundation, this paraben-free formula will help remove stubborn makeup and keep bristles smooth.
18. A cleansing wrinkle cream that'll help get your doggo's skin folds squeaky clean. If your squishy-faced pup, aka a bulldog, Frenchie, or pug, is prone to itchiness and tearstains, this gentle paste will help remove grime and soothe irritated spots.
19. A cooktop-cleaning kit because the burned food on your stove is an eyesore and a pain to remove, but this makes it easy! It comes with a bottle of cleaner, a cleaning pad, and a scraper that'll gently eliminate stains without causing damage.
Use this trio on a variety of smooth cooktop ranges, including ceramic, glass, halogen, and more!
Promising review: "I had tried four different cleaners before discovering this one and I wish I would have found it sooner! All of that caked-on liquid that runs out of the pans and burns into the stove top while you’re cooking?? This removes all of it. It doesn’t scratch your glass top stove top and it leaves it looking brand new. I won’t ever buy another cleaner — this is it for me!" —Christine
Get it from Amazon for $11.49.
20. A pack of AirPod putty cleaners to carefully remove all the gross gunk from your AirPods. Gently press a flexible square into one of your AirPod speakers, peel it off, and you'll be amazed to see all the earwax it picks up! (Peep at the amazing results below to see just how much earwax and debris could be lurking on your headphones...🤢)
21. A set of shoulder-protecting pads that you can slip right onto bra straps to prevent chafing and digging. If your shoulder is always irritated after wearing a bra, these little tools will be a holy grail and crate a comfy barrier between bra straps and your skin.
22. Two pairs of foot masks so good, you'll question if they're actually some sort of magic: Slide them on for 60 minutes, wash your feet, and watch layers of dead skin peel off your tootsies. Yesss to baby-soft skin and no calluses!
23. A ribbed halter top with a built-in bra that'll keep your chest comfy and supported without underwire. This wardrobe essential is anything but basic, because it can be worn alone or under any cardigan, flannel, or lightweight jacket.
24. A box of wart-removing pads so you can bid farewell to the annoying, cauliflower-like warts on your fingers and toes. These medicated bandages can be used to treat finger and plantar warts.
25. A pack of colorful claw clips to make styling hair less of a project. Create a '90s-inspired 'do and prevent loose strands from falling in front of your face.
26. A small device that'll keep track of your doggo's meals, because life gets busy and you really don't want to ask your partner, family member, or roommate if they fed your pet for the millionth time. It also comes in handy if you're the only one watching your fur baby and need to double-check.
27. A sushi-making kit to help you ~roll~ the perfect combo of salmon, avocado, and cucumber in little time. It comes with a training frame, sushi mat, roll cutter, and stick rice paddle to transform your counter into a cool DIY sushi bar.
28. A rose gold–toned rechargeable electric lighter for all the candles on your windowsill, dresser, and bathroom ledge that you want to light. It's easy to use and recharges itself within 10 minutes. No more clouds of smoke from matches (or setting off the smoke alarm) in your home.
29. A bracelet tool to help you hook stubborn jewelry clasps at the speed of light. Instead of numbing your fingers every time you put on a bracelet, you can use this small gadget to get the job done without discomfort.
30. A macramé fruit hammock for the pile of lemons, apples, and bananas taking over your kitchen counter. Hang it below a cabinet and you'll be amazed at how much room you'll have for your cooking appliances and utensils again.
31. A drain clog remover tool that'll lift nightmarish gunks of hair from your bathroom drains. With a length of 19.7 inches, this baby fits down most sink and tub pipes and has claws that'll latch onto stubborn debris. It easily removes wads of hair, freeing up your blocked or slow drain.
Promising review: "I slipped the plastic strip down my shower drain and literally five seconds later, I was pulling up gobs and gobs and gobs of hair. I saved my prize hairball on the shower floor to show my husband because I knew he would be as skeptical as I was. It's a grisly, messy, smelly, and oh so rewarding job." —Amazon Customer
Get a 6-pack from Amazon for $8.98.
32. A Luminoodle LED lighting strip to elevate your TV-watching experience. It provides a backlight setup, so you can enjoy sharper images, better color contrast, and less eyestrain.
33. A shirt folder because putting away clothes is a time suck and results in crammed drawers. Grab this nifty board and turn your lumpy tees into almost perfect squares every time with a few quick flips.
34. Glossier's Boy Brow + Generation G Duo that'll come to the rescue if you need to do your makeup on the go. A brow pomade will instantly groom unruly eyebrows and a sheer matte lipstick will give your lips a just blotted look. And both easily fit in a cosmetics bag!
35. A bug bite suction tool because the last thing you want is a pesky mosquito bite, chigger bite, or beesting to get in the way of your hiking or camping trip. It'll remove some of the gross insect saliva and venom, and you can take it on the go if you're going camping or hiking.
36. A two-pack of stainless-steel tongue cleaners that'll top off your daily oral hygiene routine: If your tongue looks grimy and is turning a questionable color, this small tool will scrape away all the gross gunk lodged in it.
37. A sunrise simulation alarm clock you'll want to use when the days get shorter. This wake-up light gradually shifts from dark red to bright yellow, so you can stop hitting the snooze button and get out of bed. It may be 6 a.m., but at least you won't be a zombie.
38. And a bottle of Drop It that'll remove sulfates and tannins from your glass of vino in just 20 seconds, so you can sip on Chardonnay or Merlot without annoying allergy symptoms or a post-wine-night headache.
Unlike disposable wine wands, a single bottle of this remover is good for up to 55 glasses of vino. It's recommended that you use one to two drops for a glass of white wine, two to three drops for a glass of red wine, and seven to nine drops for an entire bottle of wine. Just add the proper amount of drops to a glass of wine, gently swirl the wine for 20 seconds, and you're good to drink it!
Promising review: "I became really sensitive to wine in my 30s and through a lot of trial and painful error, I thought I might have to give up on wine altogether. Then I found out about the preservatives being a possible cause and decided to give this product a shot. So glad I did!! I'm still pretty sensitive to reds but this helps tremendously so that I can have a glass with dinner without a headache immediately settling in. Whites cause me no problem whatsoever! I love that it takes so little product to make a difference to a whole bottle. Just a few drops, a few minutes, and we are good to go." —CastawayIrons
Get it from Amazon for $14.99+ (also available in multipacks).