1. When you book an early appointment for your braids, but your hairdresser's playing.
2. Spending the best part of an entire day at the salon.
3. Because braids take a long-ass time.
4. Slyly feeling around in your head to see how much hair you have left to go.
5. And always, ALWAYS, being wrong.
6. But feeling like a goddamn goddess when you eventually finish.
7. Until the tightness sets in.
8. And you can't even put your hair up because your scalp is too sore.
9. Dealing with people that are suddenly very curious about your hair.
10. And responding in the only way you see fit.
11. Wishing there was a headscarf that could cover your entire head of newly braided hair.
13. Losing a soldier in the struggle.