1. Get a beautiful print of your favorite neighborhood from Victory Dance Creative.
Petworth, Dupont Circle, Chinatown — you name it!
2. Decorate your home with a punny (and patriotic!) needlepoint from Despicable We.
3. Tell it like it is with a "dope" hoodie from District of Clothing.
A vibrant city, people of all walks of life, and the Chesapeake Bay? D.C. is dope all right.
4. Light a fire in your heart with these D.C. matches from Handmade Habitat.
If you've survived a summer in the DMV, then you know it's too hot to handle!
5. Then dig in with a vintage fork with the Capitol on it, courtesy of GiosGems1.
(But don't actually dig in! That's a collectible.)
6. This salvaged wood decoration from Old Line Salvage Co. will spruce up your wall with a little rustic charm.
7. These dish towels from Open Eyes Press will remind you of home. (Or of what home tastes like, actually...)
DMV Crab is delicious. That is all.
8. Get this D.C. flag bowtie for your dog from Winthrop Clothing Co.
9. Time and space blend beautifully in this D.C. map art wall clock from ArtnWalls.
So you can tell time and see where you're heading.
10. Get a shirt that celebrates D.C. food from 237 Inc.
Real talk: The DMV has every type of food you can think of. It's delicious and authentic and you wouldn't trade it for the world.
11. Wear your D.C. stars and stripes around your neck with pride, courtesy of Rachel Pfeffer Designs.
Then go get a cupcake. Because D.C. cupcakes are delicious.
12. Write an entry about how much you love your home in this D.C.-inspired journal from EG Paperie.
Then carry it around to help give directions to tourists. ;)
13. Wear a shirt from Rockets Are Red that reminds you of your favorite commute.
14. Snaz it up with these District of Columbia cufflinks shaped like old metro tokens, from Whoop.
For a little adventure, try using them to actually get in the metro.
15. Rest your head on the stars and stripes of your home sweet home, with this pillow from Annie Grace Knits.
16. Visit the days of old with this charming vintage map of Washington, D.C. from Urban Yore.
Did they have as many speed limit traps back then? Classic D.C.
17. Give a nod to D.C.'s rich political history with this very accurate T-shirt from Jon Wye.
Remember when Abraham Lincoln shot lasers out of his eyes while a bear rode him? That was cray.