Alfredo Shrimp Pasta In 15 Minutes or Less
½ pound orzo pasta
1 tablespoon butter
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 pound jumbo shrimp, cleaned and peeled
2 cloves garlic, minced
Salt and pepper to taste
¼ cup heavy cream
1 ½ cups grated parmesan cheese
2-3 cups baby spinach
2 tablespoons chopped parsley
1. Start boiling 2½ quarts of water in a pot. Add a sprinkle of salt.
2. Meanwhile, heat butter and olive oil in a large saute pan over medium heat. Place the shrimp in a single layer in the pan. Add the garlic and season with salt and pepper. Cook shrimp 2 minutes per side until pink. Remove the shrimp from the pan.
3. In boiling water, dump orzo and cook for 7 minutes. Reserve ½ cup pasta cooking liquid, and drain the orzo.
4. Add the orzo back to the pan along with ¼ cup reserved pasta cooking liquid, heavy cream, parmesan cheese, shrimp, and finally spinach. Stir until spinach wilts. Season with salt and pepper.
5. Garnish with more parmesan cheese and parsley.