1. Spokespeople For Jackson Memorial Hospital Say Ronald Poppo Is Alert And Talking, Even Asking Doctors How The Miami Heat Are Doing In The NBA Finals. It Is Hoped Poppo Will Retain Some Vision In His Right Eye (His Left Eye Was Lost In The Attack).
This undated booking mug made available by the Miami-Dade Police Dept. shows Ronald Poppo, the victim in a horrific face-chewing attack in Miami on Saturday, May 26, 2012.
WARNING: GRAPHIC IMAGES BELOW
3. “He’s Pleased To Report To All Of You That He’s Feeling Well, He’s Eating, He’s Walking Around With Physical Therapy, He’s Talking With Us,” Said Nicholas Namias, A University Of Miami Trauma Surgeon.
Dr. Wrood Kassira, right, a University of Miami/Jackson Memorial Hospital plastic surgeon, gestures as she speaks on the condition of Ronald Poppo, pictured at left, during a news conference, Tuesday, June 12, 2012 in Miami.
5. Since Poppo Is Homeless And Will Require Many More Surgeries, The Jackson Memorial Foundation Has Set Up A Fund To Assist With His Recovery. $15,000 Has Already Been Raised. If You Would Like To Contribute, Call (305) 597-4404.
- #Brexit fallout: Markets around the world fell again Monday, and analysts expect the U.K. to enter a "mild recession" by early 2017.
- The Supreme Court has struck down restrictions on abortion providers in Texas, holding that such restrictions are unconstitutional.
- It's #TurnUpToVote week at BuzzFeed. Ready for November? You can register right here 🇺🇸