The 2 suspects from Kazakhstan are pictured here with Tsarnaev in Times Square http://t.co/q2a7gnLC23, according to @MariaSantanaCNN— BuzzFeed News
2. The Boston Police Department broke the news on Wednesday.
Three additional suspects taken into custody in Marathon bombing case. Details to follow.— Boston Police Dept.
3. The AP later named two of the three suspects as Azamat Tazhayakov and Dias Kadyrbayev. Reuters reports they are both Kazakhstan citizens and classmates of Dzhokhar Tsarnaev.
Two of the three people taken into custody on Wednesday in the investigation of the Boston Marathon bombings were college classmates of suspect Dzhokhar Tsarnaev who may have thrown away a knapsack at Tsarnaev’s request, a law enforcement source said.
Both are citizens of Kazakhstan who previously had been held by U.S. immigration officials on suspicion of violating terms of their visas, said the source, who was briefed on the investigation but unauthorized to be identified publicly because the information was under court seal.
The third person taken into custody on Wednesday was a U.S. citizen, and all three were being investigated for actions taken after the April 15 bombings, the source said.
4. Boston Police released another statement to clarify there is no threat to public safety:
Please be advidsed that there is not threat to public safety. Three additional suspects have been taken into custody in connection to the attack on the Boston Marathon. Aside from the aforementioned, there is no additional info to release at this time. Additional details will be provided when they become available. No info available at this time relative to a press conference.
5. CBS reports they will be charged with harboring Dzhokhar Tsarnaev:
CBS confirms 3 suspects were arrested for harboring/aiding the bombing suspects after the fact. These will be federal charges.— Katy Conrad
6. Meanwhile, NBC says they’ll be charged with lying to federal investigators.
BREAKING: Suspects arrested in connection w/ Boston bombing investigation will be charged w/ lying to fed. investigators - @PeteWilliamsNBC— NBC Nightly News
- For MLK Day, we're taking a look at some rare pictures of Martin Luther King Jr.
- At least four people were killed in a shooting at a Mexican music festival.
- The Russian government agrees with comments Donald Trump made on Sunday, saying that NATO is "obsolete."
- And BuzzFeed News spent two months mapping Trump's personal and business connections — and found more than 1,500 in all.