This Tuesday, April 10, 2012, photo shows a litter of six puppies, and their mother, an English bulldog mix, at the Toledo Area Humane Society in Maumee, Ohio.
TOLEDO, Ohio (AP) — Investigators say a man who tried to abandon six puppies by zipping them inside a suitcase and leaving it outside an Ohio business was charged after authorities found he’d left the luggage tag with his contact information attached.
A Toledo Area Humane Society officer filed two counts of abandonment Tuesday against the Toledo man. He’s accused of leaving the canvas bag of puppies and their mother next to a trash bin behind a city business. Authorities say he was moving and had tried to sell the puppies
The Blade newspaper reports the Lucas County Dog Warden’s office on April 4 picked up the bag of six puppies and their mother, an English bulldog mix.
Passers-by had found the bag and released the animals to wait for the warden’s office.
3. But, To Reiterate, The Puppies Are Safe. Which Puppies? These Puppies.
- The suspect wanted for killing 39 people at an Istanbul nightclub on New Years Day has been captured, Turkish media reports.
- At least 40 Democrats are boycotting Donald Trump's inauguration after the president-elect criticized civil rights leader John Lewis.
- Umm. Over half of the population across 22 countries believe their system is failing and rigged, a new poll says 🌎🤔
- Spencer's Gifts is getting flooded with criticism for selling "Grab America By The Pussy" shirts, which many say normalizes sexual assault.