This Tuesday, April 10, 2012, photo shows a litter of six puppies, and their mother, an English bulldog mix, at the Toledo Area Humane Society in Maumee, Ohio.
TOLEDO, Ohio (AP) — Investigators say a man who tried to abandon six puppies by zipping them inside a suitcase and leaving it outside an Ohio business was charged after authorities found he’d left the luggage tag with his contact information attached.
A Toledo Area Humane Society officer filed two counts of abandonment Tuesday against the Toledo man. He’s accused of leaving the canvas bag of puppies and their mother next to a trash bin behind a city business. Authorities say he was moving and had tried to sell the puppies
The Blade newspaper reports the Lucas County Dog Warden’s office on April 4 picked up the bag of six puppies and their mother, an English bulldog mix.
Passers-by had found the bag and released the animals to wait for the warden’s office.
3. But, To Reiterate, The Puppies Are Safe. Which Puppies? These Puppies.
- Donald Trump, who wrote a book about his ability to get deals done, lost in his highest stakes negotiation yet — the battered GOP health care bill.
- A viral Instagram post falsely claimed 14 black girls went missing over 24 hours in Washington, DC, but that doesn't mean there isn't a problem. Now lawmakers are taking action.
- Apple says a hacking group that's threatening to wipe hundreds of millions of iPhones has not breached its iCloud system 📱
- Hi Stranger: A bizarre short film featuring a naked mumbling figurine is making everyone on the internet uncomfortable 🙃