This Tuesday, April 10, 2012, photo shows a litter of six puppies, and their mother, an English bulldog mix, at the Toledo Area Humane Society in Maumee, Ohio.
TOLEDO, Ohio (AP) — Investigators say a man who tried to abandon six puppies by zipping them inside a suitcase and leaving it outside an Ohio business was charged after authorities found he’d left the luggage tag with his contact information attached.
A Toledo Area Humane Society officer filed two counts of abandonment Tuesday against the Toledo man. He’s accused of leaving the canvas bag of puppies and their mother next to a trash bin behind a city business. Authorities say he was moving and had tried to sell the puppies
The Blade newspaper reports the Lucas County Dog Warden’s office on April 4 picked up the bag of six puppies and their mother, an English bulldog mix.
Passers-by had found the bag and released the animals to wait for the warden’s office.
3. But, To Reiterate, The Puppies Are Safe. Which Puppies? These Puppies.
- Churches across the US are prepping an underground railroad system for immigrants who fear deportation under Trump.
- The widow of a Kansas immigrant allegedly killed by a white nationalist demanded answers from the government about stopping hate crimes in the US.
- Time to change your passwords: Uber and Fitbit are among the millions of websites that may have been compromised 🔐
- A billboard in North Carolina that claims "Real men provide. Real women appreciate it," has sparked controversy across the country 👀