3. On his first of two runs, White attempted a “yolo” and wiped out, sliding down the halfpipe on his back.
4. He tried to follow up the failed trick with a “double cork,” but again wound up slamming into the edge of the wall and falling flat.
5. Although his second run was free of any further collapses, the damage was already done.
6. White scored a 90.25, putting him in fourth place.
7. Switzerland’s Iouri “iPod” Podladtchikov took gold, with Japan’s Ayumu Hirano and Taku Hiraoka respectively taking silver and bronze.
8. “I’m disappointed,” White said. “I hate the fact I nailed it in practice, but it happens. It’s hard to be consistent.”
- "Moonlight" won Best Picture at the Oscars, but they accidentally gave it to "La La Land" first 😳
- Philip Bilden, the businessman nominated by President Trump to be secretary of the Navy, has withdrawn himself from consideration.
- Actor Bill Paxton has died at 61. He starred in classics including "Twister" and "Titanic."
- The Nokia brick phone is making a comeback — it's been reimagined with a colored screen, but the game Snake hasn't gone anywhere 🐍📲