Egyptian protesters, largely ultra conservative Islamists, have climbed the walls of the U.S. embassy in Cairo, stormed the courtyard and torn down down the American flag. The protesters replaced it with a Salafist flag with Arabic words that read, “There is no God but Allah and Mohammad is his prophet.”
The protesters are angered by an anti-Islam film produced in the U.S., clips of which are on YouTube, depicting the Prophet Muhammad as a fraud who has sex and calls for massacres.
12. The Movie Which Sparked The Outrage, Made And Distributed By Anti-Islamic Egyptian Christians
- Over two dozen people were injured after a truck crashed into a crowd at a Mardi Gras parade, New Orleans police said.
- President Trump said he will skip the White House correspondents' dinner. On Friday, he called the media "the enemy of the people."
- Moderate to severe coral bleaching continues to affect the Great Barrier Reef almost a year after the worst bleaching crisis in history.
- Here's the beef: Rapper Remy Ma dragged Nicki Minaj in a new diss track, and she fired back with a Beyoncé endorsement 😱