Egyptian protesters, largely ultra conservative Islamists, have climbed the walls of the U.S. embassy in Cairo, stormed the courtyard and torn down down the American flag. The protesters replaced it with a Salafist flag with Arabic words that read, “There is no God but Allah and Mohammad is his prophet.”
The protesters are angered by an anti-Islam film produced in the U.S., clips of which are on YouTube, depicting the Prophet Muhammad as a fraud who has sex and calls for massacres.
12. The Movie Which Sparked The Outrage, Made And Distributed By Anti-Islamic Egyptian Christians
- The Women's March on Washington was one of the largest protests in the city's history.
- Trump's spokesman held a press conference to blame grass coverings for "minimizing" the crowd at the inauguration 🤔
- Members of the national security community reacted with shock after Trump attacked his critics while giving a speech at CIA headquarters.
- "SNL" featured a shirtless Vladimir Putin celebrating America's newest President.