Egyptian protesters, largely ultra conservative Islamists, have climbed the walls of the U.S. embassy in Cairo, stormed the courtyard and torn down down the American flag. The protesters replaced it with a Salafist flag with Arabic words that read, “There is no God but Allah and Mohammad is his prophet.”
The protesters are angered by an anti-Islam film produced in the U.S., clips of which are on YouTube, depicting the Prophet Muhammad as a fraud who has sex and calls for massacres.
12. The Movie Which Sparked The Outrage, Made And Distributed By Anti-Islamic Egyptian Christians
- The Russian government agrees with Donald Trump's comments that NATO is "obsolete," which the president-elect made during an interview published Sunday.
- BuzzFeed News spent two months mapping Trump's personal and business connections — and found more than 1,500 in all.
- Eight billionaires — all men — together own as much wealth as the world's poorest 3.7 billion people, a new report has revealed.
- There's a new HBO show called "The Young Pope" and the internet is having fun with it.