10 THINGS YOU SHOULD KNOW ABOUT THE K-E DIET
1. The K-E Diet inserts a feeding tube up your nose and into your stomach. The tube is attached to a monitor. You must keep the tube in your nose and carry the monitor with you at all time for 10 straight days.
2. Each day, the monitor pumps 800 calories worth of protein, fat and water into your stomach on a slow drip. The mixture contains zero carbohydrates.
3. The zero carb diet induces ketosis, a sort of starvation that tricks the body into burning only fat and leaves muscle intact.
4. A possible side-effect of ketosis is bad breath. A byproduct of the heightened fat-burning process is acetone. Your breath my end up smelling like nail polish remover.
5. Another possible side-effect of the K-E Diet is constipation. There is no fiber in the protein/fat mixture.
6. The K-E Diet also suppresses your appetite. Within one or two hours of beginning the process, you will stop feeling hunger for the duration of the 10 days.
7. K-E dieters are not hospitalized. They can carry their monitor around with them in their daily lives. Critics are concerned that such a dramatic and sudden drop in weight is harmful to health (plus, the effects are temporary and dieters will likely gain all of their weight back shortly after the process). People with kidney problems are urged not to use the K-E Diet.
8. The main practitioner of the K-E Diet in the United States is Dr. Oliver Di Pietro of Bay Harbor Islands, Florida. While it is relatively new to the U.S., the K-E Diet has been popular in Europe for many years.
9. Dr. Di Pietro charges $1,500 for a 10 day course of the K-E Diet.
10. The K-E Diet is now extremely popular among brides who want to lose weight shortly before their wedding.
- Criticized previously for not forcefully speaking out, Donald Trump condemned anti-Semitism after bomb threats were reported at 11 Jewish centers.
- President Trump has named H.R. McMaster as his new national security adviser, replacing Michael Flynn who resigned last week.
- Milo Yiannopoulos's book has been canceled after he was accused of defending pedophilia.
- West Elm pulled the Peggy Couch from its site after years of scathing customer reviews and complaints of buttons popping off 🙈