Scott Ostrom cups his hand over his mouth as he tries to calm a panic attack at his apartment in Boulder, Colorado. Scott says it’s been hard to find meaning in his life since 2007, when he was honorably discharged from the United States Marine Corps.
Scott looks over his military service records and weeps after being told his apartment application had been turned down. The leasing manager said he couldn’t allow Scott to move in because of an assault charge on his background check. Though Scott had his honorable discharge papers and his good-conduct medal, Scott said they meant nothing. ‘I’m not a criminal. You would think this would be worth something. It should be. It’s not, though.’
See the rest of these amazing photos here.
4. And Here Is Scott Ostram Today, Celebrating With Craig Walker As News Of The Pulitzer Prize Is Announced
Scott Ostrom watches as Denver Post staff photographer Craig F. Walker reacts to winning his second Pulitzer Prize for Feature Photography on Monday, April 16, 2012, in Denver. Walker’s story on veteran Scott Ostrom’s battle with PTSD has been widely regarded since its publication on the Denver Post’s MediaCenter in December 2011.
Craig F. Walker hugs Scott Ostrom.
- Explosions outside of a major sports stadium in Istanbul, Turkey, on Saturday evening have injured at least 20 people.
- Trump will reportedly pick ExxonMobil's CEO Rex Tillerson as secretary of state. He has a long history of oil deals with Russia.
- Gen. David Petraeus helped block the autopsy of an Afghan man who died mysteriously in US custody, emails show.
- People are in love with a dog who rides around in a decked out dog car spreading Christmas cheer to hospital patients 🐶🎄