1. Is this the adorable, squishy face of a murderer?
3. Nine-month-old Musa Kahn was charged last week with attempted murder in Lahore after his family was involved in a protest against police and gas company workers.
This photo from April 3, of the crying baby getting finger-printed, quickly spread around the world.
4. Musa’s family, along with a lot of other people, were upset about a rise in gas prices and a cut in services. When the gas company — escorted by police — attempted to collect overdue bills, disgruntled customers started throwing stones.
5. When an assistant sub-inspector for the gas company complained that Musa’s family had beat him up, everyone — including the baby who can barely stand on his own — were hauled in by police.
6. Fortunately, on Saturday, the charges against the nine-month-old were dropped. “Police told the court that the nomination of Musa in the case of attacking police and gas company officials was a human error,” said defense attorney Irfan Sadiq.
- French towns are continuing to enforce a ban on Muslim women wearing the burkini despite the country's highest administrative court ruling the ban illegal.
- Facebook shifts to algorithms to decide which stories to highlight in its trending news section after allegations of liberal bias at the company.
- Donald Trump says the shooting of NBA star Dwyane Wade's cousin is evidence of high crime rates he believes will boost his support among black people in November's election.