1. You hear their accent across a crowded room, and you’re hooked.
2. They ask you on a date. They don’t say, “Let’s get a drink,” or “Let’s hang out sometime.”
3. They wait until the second date to kiss, because courtship.
4. They call you darlin’ and you realize...damn, you kind of like that.
5. You kiss and it actually feels like a fairy tale.
6. You realize you cannot drink them under the table and you’re OK with that.
7. They cook for you, and you want to marry them instantly.
8. You discover their secret tattoo.
9. You grow to love sports, even if you thought you never could.
10. You spend a weekend at a bed-and-breakfast in their hometown and you suddenly want to model your relationship after that of the owners.
11. You shop for boots together.
12. You discover that their mom has been planning your wedding since day one.
13. But an autumn wedding is out of the question. Because FOOTBALL.
14. And at the end of the day...you're happy just being in the back of a pickup truck together.
Tale as old as time, song as old as that beat-up pickup truck that is DEFINITELY on its last legs.
Watch young love blossom in the South on CMT's Gainesville, an all-new series premiering Thursday, August 20, at 10/9c.