Over a period of six years, French filmmaker and photographer John Thackwray has traveled across 55 countries to capture the living spaces of millennials from all over the globe.
After photographing the rooms of over 1,200 young people, John has compiled his favorites into an upcoming book titled My Room: Portrait of a Generation, due out this winter.
John told BuzzFeed: “The world is changing so fast, and I feel it’s important to document the lifestyle of my generation, not only at home, but across the globe. I hope that through these photos, people will become a little more conscious about the world surrounding us.”
1. Bucharest, Romania — Andreea, 24 years old, civil engineer
2. Paris — Joseph, 30 years old, artist
3. Istanbul — Gullé, 29 years old, actor
4. Los Angeles — Tosha, 26 years old, go-go dancer
5. Echo Manyata, Kenya — Ezekiel, 22 years old, warrior
6. Novosibirsk, Russia — Oleg, 24 years old, telecom engineer
7. Kigali, Rwanda — Josee, 22 years old, accounting student
8. Rio de Janeiro — Claudio, 24 years old, archivist
9. Ban Saingam, Thailand — Fha, 20 years old, farmer
10. New York — Maleeq, 28 years old, entertainer
11. La Paz, Bolivia — Marcello, 18 years old, high school student
12. Tokyo — Ryoko, 25 years old, IT engineer
13. Saint Catherine, Egypt — Mohamed, 18 years old, student of traditional healing
14. Tehran — Élahé, 29 years old, painter
15. Ha Selomo, Lesotho — Osia, 18 years old, shepherd
16. Dali, China — Yuan, 22 years old, vendor
17. Bamansemilya, India — Asha, 17 years old, homemaker
18. Katmandu, Nepal — Pema, 22 years old, Buddhism student
19. Zhanbyl, Kazakhstan — Zhalay, 18 years old, high school student
- The Trump administration deleted a State Department post promoting Trump's Mar-a-lago club after it drew a wave of criticism online.
- If no court steps in, Arkansas is poised to become the first state in more than 15 years to execute two people in one night.
- Markets are saying "Vive la France" after pro-EU centrist Emmanuel Macron gained the most votes in the 1st round of the French election.
- Thanks to Paul Ryan, Papa Roach's teen-angst smash "Last Resort" has become the internet's unofficial anthem for the owned 😬🎤