27 Pet Products On Amazon That’ll Help Solve Small But Everyday Problems
Your fur baby is perfect. We'd never suggest that they're not perfect. These problem-solving products will just help them be...a little bit more perfect.
We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed collects a share of sales and/or other compensation from the links on this page. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. A broom specifically designed for sweeping up fur with natural rubber bristles to grab fur off of carpets or hard surfaces. It can also has a squeegee edge to clean liquids (pet-related or otherwise) off of hard surfaces.
2. A bag of Milk Bone pill pouches that your pup will love to eat, so it's no longer a battle to get them to take their medicine.
3. A tough nylon leash with a padded handle and clip-in bungee shock absorbers for large dogs who tend to jump after everything and anything on their walks (and try to take your arm along with them).
4. A large litter scoop specifically designed for large-grain crystal litter, because bigger scoops mean less time digging around the litter box.
5. A hands-free belt leash for jogging, hiking, pushing a stroller, running errands, or otherwise traveling comfortably with your best pal. If you need more control, just grab the built-in handles near the top and bottom of the leash.
6. A roll of Arm & Hammer pet waste bags, because they're made with activated baking soda, so smells are locked in and neutralized.
7. A lick pad that can be smeared with peanut butter and attached to any hard surface to distract your furry friend during bath time, nail trims, grooming, or any other moment you need to shift your pup's attention away from what you're doing, and towards a snack.
8. A dog crate with two separate entrances, so you'll have more placement options when training your pup (or just giving them their own special spot).
9. A carbon aquarium filter insert that will absorb odors and impurities from your water, and improve water quality, so your tank will look great and your fishy friends will feel fantastic.
10. A box of Fresh Step kitty litter infused with odor-fighting Febreze, for a house that smells like your house, not cat poo.
11. An airtight, double-decker dry pet food storage system that has two separate interlocking containers — a 33-quart and a 12-quart — plus a scoop and wheels, so you can store two different foods without worrying about pests or moisture, and move the whole thing to wherever you're having snack time.
12. A FURminator grooming rake, so you can comb more loose fur from your dog's undercoat now, and get less on your couch or pants later.
13. Or a FURminator fur comb for long-haired cats that will help you pull loose fur from your cat's undercoat without damaging their top coat (or poking your feline friendo).
14. A package of chicken nesting pads, because they're biodegradable, they draw away moisture away from the egg, and they'll still hold shape if your hen modifies them to make them more comfortable — and all without the mess of traditional shredded nesting material.
15. A four-dose set of Advantage monthly topical flea prevention treatment, so you can start killing fleas before they even try to chomp down on your precious kitty — the treatment is applied to the skin and kills on contact.
16. An easy-to-mount reptile terrarium thermometer with a color code, so you can quickly see if your little scaly buddy is at a comfortable temperature.
17. An odor-absorbing air freshener that can tackle the smells from litter boxes, hamsters or other small animal cages, house-training accidents, and all the other not-so-nice smells that your best buds can create.
18. A bin-and-rake pet waste scooper with a handle that extends up to 32 inches, because when you're cleaning up doggy doo...every inch of space between you and it counts.
19. A pet bathing tool that straps directly onto your hand, so you can wash with one hand and hold your pet in place with the other. It also turns on and off with a single button, attaches to both showers and garden hoses, has massaging nubs to make bath time feel better for your pet, and uses a targeted stream of water to make less of a mess.
20. A self-cleaning litter box, so you'll never have to hunch of your cat's box with that little litter scoop ever again. Instead, just gently roll this litter box over and back — it will collect all the waste in an easy-to-empty side compartment.
21. A pressure-activated cooling mat that doesn't need to be refrigerated; your pet's weight will activate the cooling gel, which will provide relief from the heat for up to three hours.
22. A vertical cat scratcher, because cats don't like to scratch at objects that move or shake (AKA the way some horizontal scratchers move when they're being used). A heavy, vertical scratcher will stay put, and might convince them to stay away from your furniture (we said might).
23. A box of Greenies dental treats for the pup who needs cleaner teeth and healthier gums (but isn't interested in having their teeth brushed every day).
24. A package of plant-based, compostable, alcohol-free wipes for doggos, so you can clean up their paws or faces (or butts) between baths without irritating their skin or harming the planet.
25. A Wi-Fi-enabled feeder that can be set with a timer; you can also add additional meals through the feeder's app, in case you're running late and need to dish up some snacks. Plus, you can watch and even talk to your pet through the feeder's camera while you're away.
26. A USB-charged light-up leash with both steady and flashing light options, because you and your pup need to be visible on night walks, no matter the weather conditions.
27. A package of calming dog chews packed with hemp, valerian root, and chamomile, so your canine companion can chill out when travel, loud noises, or new situations stress them out.
The reviews for this post have been edited for length and clarity.