17 Things On Amazon That’ll Seriously Upgrade Your Hamster’s Space
It's Fixer Upper: Hamster Edition.
We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed collects a share of sales and/or other compensation from the links on this page. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
Hey there! Did you know that Amazon's app has exclusive features that lets you scan barcodes to check prices IRL, use your phone’s camera to search for items with a ~single tap~, track orders in real time, and more? Download it here for free and receive $5 off your first in-app purchase.
2. An roomy, machine-washable fleece bed for when your hammy wants to feel snug and hide from the world (relatable).
3. A small, natural wood tree trunk tunnel with nine different entrances so your dwarf hamster will always have new ways to play. Plus, it's safe for them to chew on.
4. A 10-pound bag of bathing sand that's sold for reptiles, but hamster owners swear that it's the safest, most dust-free option for your tiny buddy's sand bathing, burrowing, and potty needs.
5. A natural wooden bridge made with flexible wires, so it can be shaped into a tunnel, a hideaway, a connector between two spaces, or anything else your hamster's tiny, fuzzy heart desires.
6. A plastic sandbox/bathroom that will give your hamster a secure place to do their business. Plus, it comes with its own cleaning scoop, and the covered top helps contain smells and prevent sand from flying everywhere!
7. A three-room wooden hideout with adjustable dividers and a removable roof, because variety is the spice of life (yes, even hamster life). The rooms can easily be reconfigured, based on your hamster's needs.
8. An adjustable-height exercise wheel with super-quiet double ball bearings, so your hammy can go HAM (sorry) on their wheel all night long without keeping you awake.
9. An easy-to-clean cotton hammock that can keep your hamster cozy whenever they want a little time out from the world. Oh, and did I mention that it looks like a BANANA?? Maybe I should have led with that.
10. A cupcake-shaped ceramic hangout with a removable roof, for all of your dwarf hamster's sleep/ play/ hide/ food storage/ cuteness needs. The ceramic is easy to clean, impossible to chew through, and will make it difficult for your furry little darling to knock over or push around their enclosure.
11. A freestanding, no-leak, plastic and metal water bottle that doesn't need to be hung up or attached to enclosure walls — just stand it up wherever your fur ball likes to hydrate. Plus, the base doubles as a hideaway!
12. Or a leak-proof ceramic waterer so you never have to worry about water bottle leakage, or straws that get blocked and don't give your poor fur baby any water at all.
13. A box of leak-proof Arm & Hammer cage liners that absorb moisture, so you can keep your little friend's enclosure smelling like roses (or, at the very least, not smelling like... you know).
14. A woven grass tunnel so your hammy can safely explore their natural instinct to burrow, without the risk of getting hurt or stuck somewhere.
15. A package of odor-removing cage wipes that have raised scrubbing "dots" to help you scour off the biggest messes in your enclosure.
16. A two-level wooden playhouse for smaller hamsters with climbing pegs, hideout areas, and a slide (!), so it's basically a McDonald's Play Place for petite rodents.
17. A 10-piece set of wooden hamster toys including balls, bell toys, and rope swings, because everyone knows your hamster is the most spoiled fur kid on the block, and frankly? You wouldn't have it any other way.
Reviews in this post have been edited for length and/or clarity.