Just 19 Things On Amazon That Snake Owners Swear By
Who crawls, sheds, and loves all of their extremely new cool accessories? Your snakes, after you read this.
We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed collects a share of sales and/or other compensation from the links on this page. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. A durable snake hook, for when you have to move your scaly pal. Some snakes have a tendency to snap when they see their enclosure lid lift, because they think it's dinner time; a hook can help you gently lift them without accidentally getting nipped in the process.
2. A bag of fluffy, shredded substrate that will allow your slithery buds to nest and burrow, just like they would in the wild.
3. A sturdy, smooth hide box with no dangerous sharp edges, so your snake can follow their natural urge to hide away — which will lead to lowered stress levels, a better appetite, and improved overall health.
4. A pair of 15-inch feeding tongs, because the things your snakes love to snack on — like frozen mice — aren't always things you want to touch. It also keeps your hands safe if your crawlers get over-excited during feedings and snap or bite.
5. A waterproof, ceramic infrared heat emitter that doesn't give off light, so it won't bother your snake when they're trying to get their beauty sleep.
6. A heavy, easy-to-clean water dish made from non-porous resin, for the snake who has a habit (you might even call it a hobby!) of flipping over their bowls.
7. Or a water bowl that fits sqaure in the corner of a tank, so it won't easily get knocked or moved around.
8. A cool-air humidifier, because you want your enclosure to stay as humid as your snake needs without worrying about overheating them.
10. Or a flat desert scene that can be mounted to the back of your terrarium, because backgrounds aren't just there to spruce up the decor — they give your snake increased privacy in glass terrariums, and help mimic their natural habitat.
11. A thermometer and humidity monitor with digital read-out, so you can always know exactly how it feels in the enclosure, and whether you need to make any adjustments. The monitor sticks directly to the glass of the tank, so you don't have to open up your enclosure just to check on the heat.
12. A hefty, moldable climbing vine, for arboreal snakes who like to spend most of their hangout time off the ground.
13. A mossy cave that does double-duty inside your enclosure: with regular misting, it can help regulate your tank's humidity, and some smaller snakes, like corn snakes, will enjoy hiding in it or basking on top of it.
14. A roll of faux leaves, so you can fill your habitat with realistic-looking plant life that will make your snake feel in their element — just use the attached suction cups to stick them to the sides of your tank.
15. A heating mat with manual temperature controls that warms your tank by attaching to the outside, so you have greater control of the environment and there's no light to disrupt your snake's sleep.
16. An organic reptile tank cleaner with a built-in scrub brush, so you can really go at your enclosure's dirtiest and/or stankiest corners.
17. A shedding aid spray for times when stress, temporary changes to shelter conditions, or other circumstances are making your snake have a difficult shed cycle.
18. A dimmable LED light hood with both day and night settings that doesn't give off heat, so you don't have to worry about overheating your snek pal.
19. A disinfecting first aid spray, for healing scale rot or any other small boo-boos your slithery companion experiences.
Some reviews have been edited for length and/or clarity.