25 Affordable Pet Products On Amazon Reviewers Say Made A Huge Difference
If you're tired of pet products that only make a tiny difference, then you're in the right place, friendo.
We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed collects a share of sales and/or other compensation from the links on this page. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
Hey there! Did you know that Amazon's app has exclusive features that lets you scan barcodes to check prices IRL, use your phone’s camera to search for items with a ~single tap~, track orders in real time, and more? Download it here for free and receive $5 off your first in-app purchase.
1. A roll of leak-proof doggy bags, because you definitely don't want to discover midway through a walk that your bag is not leak-proof.
2. A bottle of pet stain and odor removing spray that can erase marks from your carpet, upholstery, tile, hardwood, concrete... basically, anywhere your furry friends have decided to heed nature's call.
3. A bag of Greenies anti-hairball treats for cats, because they'll just think they're getting a treat, but you'll know you're doing their digestion a solid.
4. A fur-removing broom so you can finally see what color your carpet is. The broom's rubber bristles can clean up fur on rugs, hardwood, and linoleum, and its squeegee edge can help clean liquids (pet-related or otherwise).
5. A self-cleaning, scoop-free litter box that takes almost no effort to clean — just roll it over, let the waste spill into the box's containment drawer, roll back, empty the drawer, and you (and your favorite feline) are ready to go.
6. A self-cleaning brush so you don't have to constantly clean out the bristles. Push the brush's button and the bristles will disappear, leaving you with a big chunk of fur to toss out, knit into a jaunty sweater, etc.
7. A memory foam mattress with a waterproof and machine-washable cover for buddies who are dealing with joint pain, arthritis, or hip issues (or who just want to get super comfy).
8. An machine-washable pet drying towel that's so absorbent, post-bath soakings will become a distant memory. Plus, it has built-in mitts, so you don't have to worry about getting a grip on a wet towel (and a wetter dog).
9. A package of Greenies dog dental treats so you can care for your pup's tooth and gum health, while also eliminating what veterinarians refer to as "extreme stank breath."
10. A reflective, waterproof, no-pull, no-choke harness with a handle, because you want to focus on the joy of walking with your best friend, not worrying that they're going to pull your arm out of its socket.
11. A shampoo for dogs with sensitive skin so you can soothe your pal's dry, itchy skin with aloe vera, chamomile, and other good stuff.
12. An ultra-quiet aquarium pump, because you and your aquatic buddies both deserve a peaceful environment.
13. A set of portable pet stairs with railings and carpeting, so your favorite fuzzball can stay mobile and independent, even if they're experiencing joint issues (or are just really tiny).
14. A durable, reflective rope leash with a padded handle that will keep your pup's attempts to Finally Get That Squirrel from hurting your hands.
15. A slow feeder dog bowl so you can force your pup to take their time with dinner and eliminate the dreaded "scarf and barf" (ew).
16. An 80-ounce pet water fountain because cats are naturally drawn to running water and likely to drink more of it than they would still water. Increased hydration can help ward off UTIs and kidney troubles, and leave you with an overall happier, healthier kitty. (Plus, these fountains are way harder to tip over than a traditional bowl.)
17. A gentle bath brush that removes loose fur as it massages, making bath time more relaxing (hey, do they make these for humans?). You can also use it on dry fur.
18. A tub of dog ear-cleaning wipes for pups with itchy, infection-prone, or just plain stinky ears.
19. A portable silicone-bristle paw washer because wiping your dog's feet with a damp paper towel is so 2020 (i.e. awful).
20. A raised ceramic bowl that will help your kitty feel more comfortable while they snack. The bowl's angled shape helps them maintain better posture as they eat and drink, and makes sure they take in less air which prevents vomiting. Plus, they're less messy than conventional bowls.
23. A training clicker with a finger band so you can keep the rest of your hand free for important stuff, i.e. holding many, many treats.
24. A an interactive toy/slow feeder for cats who need to take it easy when they snack. Placing kibble inside the puzzle's tubes engages your cat's instincts to paw, which stimulates them and slows their eating.
25. A container of pet eye wipes for cats and dogs with allergies or peepers prone to tears or eye gunk.
Reviews in this post have been edited for length and/or clarity.