2. Meet The Parents = Getting Into A Cold One
Brazilian Title: Entrando Numa Fria
(This phrase is frequently used when you’re walking into a tough/unpleasant/tricky situation. So I get it, but…)
Should Have Been: Reunir Os Pais, which is the literal translation… Or even something a bit looser like Conhecendo Os Sogros a.k.a. meeting the in-laws.
6. Forgetting Sarah Marshall = A Nice Pair Of… Roller Skates
Portuguese Title: Um Belo Par de…Patins
(Please tell me where there are roller skates involved in any part of any scene of this movie??)
Should Have Been: Tentando Esquecer A Sarah Marshall… a.k.a. “trying to forget Sarah Marshall.” Come on, guys.
9. Because I Said So = My Mom Wants Me To Get Married
Brazilian Title: Minha Mãe Quer Que Eu Case
(Yes, that’s pretty much the plot of the movie; but still…)
Should Have Been: “Porque Eu Já Diz E Pronto” a.k.a. “Because I Already Said It And That’s It”… this is a common phrase used in Portuguese and people would have got it. Trust.
- The White House defended rolling back Obama-era transgender protections, with Sean Spicer repeatedly insisting it's a "states' rights issue."
- Recreational marijuana needs "greater enforcement" of federal law, said Spicer, pitting the White House against eight states that legalized its use.
- A researcher with Human Rights Watch was denied entry into Israel earlier this week with the country's government calling the human rights organization "propaganda."
- Beyoncé has pulled out of performing at Coachella, citing doctors' advice about keeping a less rigorous schedule while pregnant 🐝😭