2. Meet The Parents = Getting Into A Cold One
Brazilian Title: Entrando Numa Fria
(This phrase is frequently used when you’re walking into a tough/unpleasant/tricky situation. So I get it, but…)
Should Have Been: Reunir Os Pais, which is the literal translation… Or even something a bit looser like Conhecendo Os Sogros a.k.a. meeting the in-laws.
6. Forgetting Sarah Marshall = A Nice Pair Of… Roller Skates
Portuguese Title: Um Belo Par de…Patins
(Please tell me where there are roller skates involved in any part of any scene of this movie??)
Should Have Been: Tentando Esquecer A Sarah Marshall… a.k.a. “trying to forget Sarah Marshall.” Come on, guys.
9. Because I Said So = My Mom Wants Me To Get Married
Brazilian Title: Minha Mãe Quer Que Eu Case
(Yes, that’s pretty much the plot of the movie; but still…)
Should Have Been: “Porque Eu Já Diz E Pronto” a.k.a. “Because I Already Said It And That’s It”… this is a common phrase used in Portuguese and people would have got it. Trust.
- The Clinton campaign is trying to stop television stations from running a pro-Trump ad featuring Michelle Obama.
- A group of UK Uber drivers have won the right to minimum wage in a case that could have huge implications for the "gig economy" 🚘
- A federal jury cleared the leaders of an Oregon standoff. The militia group took over a wildlife refuge last January.
- RIP — Vine says it's discontinuing its mobile app, effectively ending the 6-second video service 💀