1. You have to learn only one new language.
2. And you actually have to learn it — not everybody speaks English here, like they do in Europe.
3. With the exchange rate working in your favor, you can live like royalty.
4. You get cozier with your host family and make more local friends because you can't run off to a new city every weekend.
5. Still, there's bound to be a trip or two. And when you DO decide to travel, it'll be UNREAL.
6. This place has more epic natural wonders than anywhere else on the muthafuckin' planet.
From left: Angel Falls in Venezuela; Atacama Desert in Chile; Perito Moreno Glacier in Argentina.
7. You can see the land of the Incas...
8. ...partake in what will end up being the funnest photo shoot of your life...
9. ...kayak the Amazon...
10. ...and ski the Andes.
11. Maybe you'll even see a penguin or two in Patagonia.
12. Basically, you'll be a black sheep and your stories will be far more original because almost everyone has seen the Eiffel Tower, but how many people have been to Lake Titicaca?
13. You can afford to take taxis almost everywhere, because you've got MORE money now, remember?
14. You can learn how to dance — I mean REALLY dance, like BALLROOM dance.
15. But don't worry, there are plenty of Euro-style clubs and raves to keep you happy if you prefer...and they stay open just as late.
16. You'll come back with a slew of new Latin music on your iPod.
Europe listens to the same old techno stuff we do — no fun.