1. You have to learn only one new language.
All countries in South America are Spanish-speaking except for Brazil, where they speak Portuguese, and Guyana, Suriname, and French Guiana, where they speak French. Even so, the languages are pretty similar — and if you know one, you’ll probably be able to at least dabble in the others.
5. Still, there’s bound to be a trip or two. And when you DO decide to travel, it’ll be UNREAL.
7. You can see the land of the Incas…
10. …and ski the Andes.
14. You can learn how to dance — I mean REALLY dance, like BALLROOM dance.
Get your tango on in Argentina, samba in Brazil, merengue in Venezuela, etc.
17. You can see American musicians in concert for waaaaaay cheaper.
20. There’s a kosher McDonald’s in Buenos Aires. And the only other one is in Israel, so…
23. You get to experience what a real fútbol match looks like.
25. Starbucks is also cheaper here than in Europe.
26. Shopping is also cheaper here than in Europe.
- BuzzFeed News has identified the 4th member of an ISIS cell that beheaded 27 hostages. His mother tells the family's story.
- Greek police have begun clearing Europe's largest informal refugee camp on its border with Macedonia.
- Donald Trump has repeatedly panned the 2011 U.S. action in Libya. But that year, he blasted Obama for not targeting Qaddafi sooner.