26 Facts That'll Make You Proud To Be Brazilian
This is why your heart beats for the green, yellow, and blue!
2. "The Girl From Ipanema" was the first Bossa Nova song to become a worldwide hit in the '60s; it won a Grammy for the record of the year in 1965.
4. It is the mother country of football.
Their national team won two world cups... in a row.
Then there was a third...
And a fourth, because they are a sports force to be reckoned with...
And a fifth because...
5. Wait, Brazil has won more FIFA World Cup championships than any other country in the history of FIFA World Cups.
7. Paulo Coelho's The Alchemist has been translated into 56 languages and has sold over 45 million copies worldwide.
9. Oscar Niemeyer, the architect who gave Brasília it's flair, is considered to be one of the founding figures of modern architecture.
He also helped design the UN Headquarters in New York City.
10. Brazil has more animal and plant species than any other country.
... Around 4 million. Here: a Brazilian tapir, squirrel-monkey, and ocelot.