1. First off, Brazilians are the happiest people on the planet.
LatinEuro.com, a popular international dating site with 100,000’s of users, conducted a visually-based study of their members’ photos to conclude who the happiest people on earth are; Brazilians won.
2. “The Girl From Ipanema” was the first Bossa Nova song to become a worldwide hit in the ’60s; it won a Grammy for the record of the year in 1965.
It’s also the second most re-recorded song in the history of music everywhere. It eventually went on to be sung by greats such as Frank Sinatra and Dionne Warwick.
4. It is the mother country of football.
Fifa World Cup championship, 1958.
Their national team won two world cups… in a row.
Fifa World Cup, 1962.
Then there was a third…
FIFA World Cup, 1970.
And a fourth, because they are a sports force to be reckoned with…
FIFA World Cup, 1994.
And a fifth because…
FIFA World Cup, 2002.
9. Oscar Niemeyer, the architect who gave Brasília it’s flair, is considered to be one of the founding figures of modern architecture.
He also helped design the UN Headquarters in New York City.
10. Brazil has more animal and plant species than any other country.
… Around 4 million. Here: a Brazilian tapir, squirrel-monkey, and ocelot.
15. Same-sex marriage is legal in Brazil as of May of this year.
19. Brazil is one out of only 19 countries in the world with a woman leader.
21. Everyone wants to speak Portuguese, even the President of the United States.
24. Brazil is a giant who’s not to be messed with, and who has AWOKEN!
25. And Brazilians never give up hope…
- Confused refugees question what's next as French authorities begin to clear out the Calais "Jungle" camp.
- Donald Trump keeps questioning polls and insisting he's winning — even as most show him behind nationally.
- Obamacare premiums will jump an average 25% in 2017, but officials say subsidies will keep costs low for most people.
- These parents came up with maybe the best dirty Halloween couple's costume ever. Parents ftw 😂👏