1. First off, Brazilians are the happiest people on the planet.
2. "The Girl From Ipanema" was the first Bossa Nova song to become a worldwide hit in the '60s; it won a Grammy for the record of the year in 1965.
3. Brazil has the most booming economy in all of Latin America, and it's still GROWING.
4. It is the mother country of football.
Their national team won two world cups... in a row.
Then there was a third...
And a fourth, because they are a sports force to be reckoned with...
And a fifth because...
5. Wait, Brazil has won more FIFA World Cup championships than any other country in the history of FIFA World Cups.
6. Also, it's one of the most diverse countries on planet Earth.
7. Paulo Coelho's The Alchemist has been translated into 56 languages and has sold over 45 million copies worldwide.
8. The longest beach in the world belongs to Brazil.
9. Oscar Niemeyer, the architect who gave Brasília it's flair, is considered to be one of the founding figures of modern architecture.
He also helped design the UN Headquarters in New York City.
10. Brazil has more animal and plant species than any other country.
... Around 4 million. Here: a Brazilian tapir, squirrel-monkey, and ocelot.