Born Edson Arantes do Nascimento, Pelé is without a doubt the best fucking soccer player to ever walk the planet… It’s time to celebrate this LEGEND!
1. Pelé scored his first goal for the Brazilian national team in 1957; he was only 16!
2. The rest, my friends, is record-breaking history.
7. He went on to lead the soccer club to two league victories, one in 1962 and the other in 1963.
11. In 1969, Pelé scored his one thousandth goal! Again, he scored 1000 GOALS!!!
17. Pelé joined the New York Cosmos in 1975; he played on the team until retiring for good in 1977.
18. He scored 64 goals in two years.
21. Pelé still holds the title as the lead-scorer in the history of soccer to this day. Number ten FOREVER!!!!
22. Happy birthday Pelé, thank you for the 1,283 goals…
- A Cincinnati zoo is defending its decision to kill a gorilla after a boy fell into an exhibit.
- Former U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder said Edward Snowden performed a "public service" leaking surveillance secrets.
- Seventeen people died in a fire at a makeshift nursing home near Ukraine's capital Kiev on Sunday.