2. She sews conflict-resolving quilts.
In an attempt to bring together Ben Wyatt’s feuding parents, Leslie created “The Unity Quilt.”
This wasn’t the first time Leslie made a peacemaking quilt.
Leslie: Ben, on three separate occasions I have used a quilt to mend fences. In 9th grade, a quilt ended an argument between my two best friends. And a quilt settled the Donna-Jerry parking lot feud of 2006.
Ben: What was the third time?
Leslie: Right f—in’ now.
3. She handcrafts the most thoughtful gifts for her lady friends.
Every February 13th, Leslie celebrates Galentine’s Day with all of her closest female friends. In season 2, she gave them all a gift bag with a bouquet of hand-crocheted flower pens, a mosaic portrait of each of them made from the crushed bottles of their favorite diet soda, and a personalized 5,000 word essay of why they’re all so awesome.
4. She embroiders personalized pillows.
In the second Galentine’s Day episode, Leslie presents each of her friends with a custom needlepoint pillow featuring their face and the leading newspaper headline from the day they were born.
6. She got married in an upcycled paper wedding dress.
The wedding dress isn’t just composed of random sheets of newspaper, but clippings of Knope’s greatest hits, including the Harvest Festival and her City Council victory. It also features portraits of her role models, like Hillary Clinton and Michelle Obama, and an origami flower of the Pawnee city logo. Learn more about this masterpiece here.
7. She carries a waffle-shaped purse.
It can’t seem to be found anywhere, which probably means LESLIE MADE IT HERSELF.
9. She writes her ideas down on doilies.
Yes, this was because Ron locked her in a room without paper, but it really speaks to her crafty resourcefulness.
12. She frames her own keepsake wall art.
When April got hired, Leslie preserved her most important paperwork, like her intern application and first paycheck. She also framed her current state I.D., much to April’s dismay.
13. She’s an A+ scrapbooker.
…even when she’s commemorating Jerry.
In conclusion, Leslie Knope is the most DIY character on television.
OH LESLIE, YOU BEAUTIFUL TROPICAL FISH.
- Hillary Clinton's campaign was reportedly hacked as part of what appears to be a broad cyber attack on Democrats.
- A federal court struck down North Carolina's voting restrictions, ruling they intentionally made it harder for black people to vote.
- Four people in Florida are likely the first to contract the Zika virus from mosquitos in the US, the state's governor says.