4. You might add extra syllables to words when none are needed. And say your ‘i’s as ‘oi’.
It may just be the odd word…
10. This was, and will always remain, one of the greatest days of the 20th century.
11. You’re one of the few people in Britain who’ll passionately refute the suggestion that Delia Smith is a national treasure.
Great casseroles. Terrible, terrible taste in football teams.
12. And this will never, ever, be not funny.
Your mum’s colleague’s sister might regularly bump into Charlie from Busted’s* mum in the Woodbridge branch of Budgens, or your auntie’s best friend could have once re-sequinned a pre-fame Justin Hawkins’ catsuit in Yoxford in the early noughties. However tenuous your connection, you’re proud of it.
(*sorry, Charlie from Fightstar**)
(**sorry, Charlie Simpson, solo artist in his own right)
18. These people spent so much time in your living room as you were growing up they may as well have been your adoptive parents.
Sure, this goes for all of the BBC Look East region, but we’re happy to share them as our telly mum and dad.
- US intelligence officials issued repeated warnings to European allies about attacks by Russian state-backed hackers, but it was too little, too late.
- Rudy Giuliani is no longer being considered for a position in the Trump administration. Trump says the former NYC mayor withdrew his name.
- Fire investigators have ruled out a refrigerator as the cause of a warehouse fire that killed 36 people in Oakland, California.
- The world's oldest known breeding seabird just laid another egg. Her name is Wisdom and she's 66 🐦