1. Don't automatically put everything in the fridge.
2. Apples should be kept in the fridge, though.
3. Fruits and vegetables should be stored separately.
4. Onions and potatoes should also be kept separate.
5. Treat tender herbs like a bouquet of flowers.
6. Freeze fresh herbs in olive oil for long-term storage.
7. Separate bananas and wrap their stems.
8. Brush avocado halves with olive oil to prevent browning.
9. Store milk in old-fashioned glass bottles.
10. Be selective about what you store in the refrigerator door.
11. Cut the green stems off carrots.
Use Rubbermaid FreshWorks™ food storage container.
Rubbermaid FreshWorks™ creates the optimal environment to keep your produce fresh thanks to its unique FreshVent™ Lid that naturally regulates the flow of oxygen and carbon dioxide and CrispTray™ technology, which elevates produce away from moisture and promotes proper airflow to help prevent spoilage.
*Based on strawberries in FreshWorks™ containers vs. store packaging. Results may vary depending upon produce and use.