SHRIMP SALAD WRAPS — FRESH EXPRESS
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ½ lb shrimp, 21–25 peeled and deveined
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 3 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp fresh ginger, grated
- 1 tbsp thinly sliced scallions
- 5 oz. Fresh Express sweet and crunchy lettuce
- 1 large navel orange, peeled and sectioned into supremes
- ½ cup crunchy chow mein noodles
- 2 spinach flour tortillas
- 1 avocado, sliced
- ¼ red onion, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- In medium saute pan over medium heat, add olive oil, shrimp, lime juice, and salt. Cook shrimp 2 minutes per side until cooked through and pink on outside. Remove from heat and set aside.
- To make the dressing, whisk together all the ingredients except the scallions in a small bowl. Then mix in scallions and set aside.
- In a large bowl, toss together the lettuce mix, cooked shrimp, orange, chow mein noodles, and dressing. Season with salt, to taste.
- Lay spinach tortilla on flat surface and evenly place avocado on the bottom half. Then add red onion, cilantro, and about 1 cup of salad mixture on top of avocado. Fold in sides and wrap up tightly. Repeat with remaining tortillas.
- Cut wraps in half diagonally and serve with remaining dressing.