Oh, you're not familiar with Shonda Rhimes?
Shonda is a writer/director/producer/genius/probably-at-least-partially divine being.
She's the mastermind behind Grey's Anatomy, Scandal, and the highly anticipated How to Get Away With Murder. Welcome to her world.
1. ShondaLand's manifesto consists of two simple words:
2. The government of ShondaLand is not democratic. It's Shondacratic.
3. In ShondaLand, six o'clock is called wine o'clock.
As in, "I waited for the cable guy all day, and he didn't show up until wine-thirty, can you believe that?"
4. In ShondaLand, Shonda's tweets are carved into stone and displayed prominently in the town square.
5. In ShondaLand, ladies rule. Shonda has chosen these three to populate her cabinet:
6. All of the doctors in ShondaLand are ~**BeAuTiFuL**~.
7. The University of ShondaLand has rad courses like "Dating Presidents 101" and "How to Get Away with Murder."
8. Shonda's 2014 Dartmouth Commencement speech was so inspirational that it has been adapted into a lullaby and is sung on a nightly basis to the children of ShondaLand.
9. Under Shonda's just reign, every citizen of ShondaLand is given their own personalized bedazzled golf cart.
10. Well-curated emotional music accompanies all dramatic moments in ShondaLand.
11. ShondaLand doesn't have an army; ShondaLand has gladiators.
12. In ShondaLand, "keeping it real" is a virtue.
13. Oh, and Shonda wrote every turn-of-the-century teen's favorite coming-of-age tale: Crossroads. That's just a fun fact.
So? Have you started packing? You're moving to ShondaLand.
Did you miss the live interview with Shonda's leading ladies (Kerry Washington, Ellen Pompeo, and Viola Davis)? No worries! Watch it here!