Frank's Maple Bacon Brownies
Hot sauce, bacon, and brownies – what's not to love?
5 rashers smoked streaky bacon
3 tablespoons maple syrup
115 grams softened unsalted butter
200 grams sugar
2 large eggs
2 1/2 tablespoons FRANK'S RedHot Cayenne Pepper Sauce
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
110 grams flour
60 grams unsweetened cocoa
1/4 teaspoons baking powder
100 grams pecans, roughly chopped
90 grams mini dark chocolate chips
2 tablespoons icing sugar (optional)
Vanilla ice cream (optional)
Chocolate fudge sauce (optional)
Preheat the oven to 200°C/gas mark 6.
Put the bacon onto a lined baking tray and place in the oven for 12 minutes. Turn each piece of bacon over and brush generously with maple syrup.
Return to the oven for 4 minutes until crispy then leave to cool.
Turn down the oven to 180°C/gas mark 4.
Beat the butter and sugar together until fluffy using an electric mixer.
Add one of the eggs and beat until incorporated. Repeat with the second egg.
7. Add the Frank’s sauce and vanilla extract and mix together.
8.Add the flour, cocoa, and baking powder; beat until smooth.
9.Stir in the pecans and chocolate chips.
10.Grease a square brownie/cake tin measuring 20cm by 20cm. Line with two
wide strips of baking parchment so the brownies can be lifted out easily.
11. Spread the mix into the tin. Break the maple bacon up into chunks and
arrange on top.
12. Bake in the middle of the oven for 25–30 minutes, until a skewer comes
out with moist crumbs, not clean! Do not overcook!
13. Remove from the oven and leave to cool for 5 minutes. Then lift the
brownies out of the tin and leave on a wire rack to cool.
14. When completely cool cut into 16 brownies. Dust with icing sugar and
serve with ice cream and fudge sauce, if desired.