1. James Gandolfini faces his fears
He tells Zoe about the three things that scare him the most.
2. Sneak Peek Previews with Siskel & Ebert
Dueling critics Roger Ebert and Gene Siskel are all thumbs in this segment with Oscar and Telly. Argues Ebert: “I think there could be a lot of interesting thumbs sideways movies!” Siskel, of course, disagrees.
3. Michael Jackson celebrates Christmas with Oscar
The book he’s reading in this 1978 special? Everything You Ever Wanted to Know about Ghosts but Were Afraid to Ask. MJ’s review? “It’s really trash.”
4. Lena Horne: Bein’ Green
A powerful, poignant performance. You’ll be as affected as Kermit.
5. Johnny Cash: Nasty Dan
Oscar: “Say, aren’t you Johnny Trash?” Cash: “Have a rotten day!”
6. Sally Ride: A is for Astronaut
7. Ray Charles: I Got a Song
Not to take anything away from Ray, but Burt plays a mean bass.
8. Gregory Hines demonstrates near and far…
…with his brother, Maurice.
9. Christopher Reeve on living as a quadriplegic
“With my chair and with my family and all my friends who help me I can do lots and lots of great stuff.”
10. Put Down the Duckie
The late comedians John Candy and Madeline Kahn (along with departed singer Celia Cruz and actor Gordon Jackson) enliven this star-studded 1988 PBS pledge drive special that neatly encapsulates late-eighties pop culture.
- From water jugs and dehydrated food to Faraday cages and unregistered vehicles, liberals are prepping for Donald Trump's presidency.
- Several people are trapped after an avalanche buried an Italian hotel Wednesday night following a succession of earthquakes.
- Federal agencies have put on a fireworks finale for the Obama administration, suing JPMorgan, Oracle, Fiat Chrysler, and Navient.
- Been wondering why your friends now look like weird glamorous cartoons? That's thanks to Chinese selfie app Meitu. Say cheese 📸