1. Video footage apparently showing a MiG-21 fighter jet crashing in a residential area of Tobruk, Libya, has emerged.
Agence France-Presse reported that the plane belonged to renegade general Khalifa Haftar’s forces.
An official who spoke to AFP said: “The pilot was killed when his aircraft hit a building during a demonstration flight”. The source said the co-pilot survived, but a child on the ground had died and several people had been injured.
However, Reuters reported that there had been three deaths and nine injuries.
The pilot has been identified as Rafa Al-Farani. Farani was from Benghazi, but had been living in Tobruk.
An air force officer who spoke to The Libya Herald said the plane had crashed due to a technical failure during a flyover in honor of another pilot who had been killed in at a plane crash a few days ago.
2. The full video can be seen here:
- President Trump is ordering a review of all of America's national monuments that were created in the past two decades.
- Democrats are taking another shot at bill that would protect gay and transgender people from services that claim to "cure" them.
- Ivanka Trump was booed and hissed at when talking about her father's supporter for women and families at the W20 Summit in Berlin.
- There's a good chance that you've handed over your personal information if you've ever downloaded a free app 🕵