We asked the BuzzFeed Community to tell us about the tips and products that helped them get rid of body acne. Here are the (clear) results:
Remember, these tips are sourced not from medical experts per se but from regular folks sharing what's worked for them. Always consult a doctor before starting a treatment of any kind.
1. Wash away bacteria with Cetaphil soap that's ~sudsational~ for sensitive skin.
2. Treat yourself to a best-selling bentonite clay mask that isn't ~pottering~ around.
3. Plot the demise of dry, itchy pimples with Pond's makeup remover.
4. Put an end to cystic acne with Humane Face and Body Wash.
5. Rid yourself of pimples naturally with a sulfur-based soap.
6. Or use a sulfur-based acne treatment for those pesky spots.
7. Say no to blackheads with Nobacter soap.
8. Exfoliate with raw honey when your pimples are on their worst ~beehive-iour~.
9. Heal things up with Mario Badescu acne starter kit.
10. Put bacne behind you with Nixoderm cream.
11. Get your pH back in balance and say goodbye to baaaad zits with goats milk soap.
12. Scrub away dead skin cells with Buf-Puf body sponge.
13. Moisturize dry skin and problem areas with African black soap.
14. Stay in charge of your breakouts with PCA blemish control bar.
15. Heal your acne-prone skin with witch hazel toner.
16. Attack the bacteria that causes acne for up to six hours with antimicrobial Hibicleanse.
17. If over-the-counter products aren't cutting it, consider talking to a healthcare professional about birth control.
18. Give your skin a deep detox with Gender Bender soap, no kale needed.
19. Change up your shower routine, and it could change your life.
20. Invest in a quality tea tree oil soap.
21. Purify every pore with Origins body soap.
Submissions have been edited for length and/or clarity.