17 Brilliant Food Hacks That Will Save You A Lot Of Money
Save your money for more important things...like more food.
We hope you love the products we recommend! Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
2. Wrap the crown of a bunch of bananas with plastic wrap and they'll last 3–5 days longer than usual.
3. Look at the top and bottom shelves at the grocery store — the eye-level ones stock the priciest stuff.
6. Or store delicate herbs in cups of water, cover them with plastic wrap, secure with a rubber band, and refrigerate.
8. Try a money-saving app like favado, which compares the prices of your shopping list across local stores.
17. And finally, if you're a lightweight who can't finish a bottle of wine, freeze the leftovers in an ice cube tray.
Reccomendations here have been edited for length and/or clarity.