2. Step 1: Start with whole spices.
To make the best chai ever, start with whole spices and grind them yourself (except for the ginger; use ground ginger). This also saves money because you’ll have a bunch of chai spice mixture to make tons of chai whenever you want.
You’ll need: black peppercorns, whole cinnamon sticks, ground ginger, cardamom pods, whole cloves, and whole nutmeg to make your chai masala seasoning mix. You’ll also need milk, water, and black tea like Ceylon or Assam later on to make the Chai tea. ‘
- For MLK Day, we're taking a look at some rare pictures of Martin Luther King Jr.
- At least four people were killed in a shooting at a Mexican music festival.
- The Russian government agrees with comments Donald Trump made on Sunday, saying that NATO is "obsolete."
- And BuzzFeed News spent two months mapping Trump's personal and business connections — and found more than 1,500 in all.