Meatballs are the kind of thing you really don’t need a recipe to make. You do need:
1. Some meat. About a pound of it. (Higher fat is best, but if you’re using meat with a lower fat content — or not dark poultry meat — you’ll need to add a bit of extra seasoning.)
2. Something to bind the meat. (eggs, breadcrumbs, maybe tomato paste)
3. Seasoning (Start with onions and/or shallots, and build from there.)
So that’s meat, cooled onions, maybe a spoonful of tomato paste, a cup of any salty cheese like pecorino, a cup of breadcrumbs, a bit of milk, and an egg. If it feels too wet, add more breadcrumbs and/or cheese. If you have some parsley or oregano and people who don’t freak out about green stuff in their meatballs, chop some and add.
8. Nudge them around the pan with a spatula from time to time.
Mostly just to keep them from burning, but also to cook them all the way through. The outsides should look nicely browned — like this. Test doneness on a sentinel meatball after ten minutes. If it’s done, you’re done.
- Over two dozen people were injured after a truck crashed into a crowd at a Mardi Gras parade, New Orleans police said.
- President Trump said he will skip the White House correspondents' dinner. On Friday, he called the media "the enemy of the people."
- Moderate to severe coral bleaching continues to affect the Great Barrier Reef almost a year after the worst bleaching crisis in history.
- Here's the beef: Rapper Remy Ma dragged Nicki Minaj in a new diss track, and she fired back with a Beyoncé endorsement 😱