6. Here’s what you’ll need:
For the dough:
3/4 cups milk, warmed
1 tbs active dry yeast
1/3 cup sugar
2 large eggs
1 tsp vanilla
3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour (divided)
1 tsp salt
1 cup butter, at room temperature
For the maple glaze:
1/2 cup powdered sugar
3 tbsp pure maple syrup
1 to 2 tbsp milk, cream, or water
7. Let’s get started: Everyone in the pool!
In a large bowl, stir together the milk and yeast. Stir in the sugar, eggs, and vanilla and mix well. Add a cup of the flour and the salt, then gradually add another 2 1/4 cups flour, stirring and then kneading for a few (or several) minutes, until it’s smooth and elastic, and still a little tacky.
13. Fold it up like a letter. Yes, again!
Fold the left third over the middle, then the right third over that. The baking term for this fold is a “turn”. To keep track of how many “turns” you’ve made, press your finger into the dough at the edge to make two marks. You can do this each time you roll and fold so that you know how many times you’ve done it.
Chill the dough for another 30 minutes.
16. OK, let’s fry ‘em up! Use a big, heavy pot filled with a few inches of neutral oil.
Your oil temp should be about 350F. Cook the donuts in batches, without crowding them, flipping as necessary. When they’re deep golden, transfer to a baking sheet lined with paper towels so they can drain.
- A luxury event called Fyre Festival has turned into a total shitshow. "I think the festival took on a life of its own," the event's co-founder said 😱
- American Airlines gave workers a raise — to the highest pay in the industry — and Wall Street is furious. The company's stock has been falling since Thursday.
- The new leader of Marine Le Pen's National Front party in France has stepped down amid accusations of Holocaust denial.
- We found an average of about one false statement per day from Trump and his aides throughout the president's first 100 days in office 💯