6. Here’s what you’ll need:
For the dough:
3/4 cups milk, warmed
1 tbs active dry yeast
1/3 cup sugar
2 large eggs
1 tsp vanilla
3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour (divided)
1 tsp salt
1 cup butter, at room temperature
For the maple glaze:
1/2 cup powdered sugar
3 tbsp pure maple syrup
1 to 2 tbsp milk, cream, or water
7. Let’s get started: Everyone in the pool!
In a large bowl, stir together the milk and yeast. Stir in the sugar, eggs, and vanilla and mix well. Add a cup of the flour and the salt, then gradually add another 2 1/4 cups flour, stirring and then kneading for a few (or several) minutes, until it’s smooth and elastic, and still a little tacky.
13. Fold it up like a letter. Yes, again!
Fold the left third over the middle, then the right third over that. The baking term for this fold is a “turn”. To keep track of how many “turns” you’ve made, press your finger into the dough at the edge to make two marks. You can do this each time you roll and fold so that you know how many times you’ve done it.
Chill the dough for another 30 minutes.
16. OK, let’s fry ‘em up! Use a big, heavy pot filled with a few inches of neutral oil.
Your oil temp should be about 350F. Cook the donuts in batches, without crowding them, flipping as necessary. When they’re deep golden, transfer to a baking sheet lined with paper towels so they can drain.
- "It was a wick": Artists, friends, and survivors describe what it was like inside the Oakland warehouse party fire that left at least 9 dead.
- After deciding to end her request for a statewide recount in Pennsylvania, Jill Stein announced she plans to take the issue to federal court Monday.
- Thousands holding flags gathered in Cuba Saturday night to remember the life of Fidel Castro. His burial is set to take place on Sunday.
- "Saturday Night Live" spoofed Donald Trump retweeting weird people, just like the real president-elect 📱😂