1. Easiest No-Knead Bread
No kneading, and all the sandwiches and toast you could ever want. Get ready to carb load.
Makes 2 loaves
3 1/4 cups bread flour
3 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons instant or active dry yeast
1 1/2 tablespoon kosher salt
3 cups water
1. Combine flours, yeast, and salt in a large bowl. Add water and stir together with a wooden spoon to form a shaggy dough. Cover with plastic wrap or a tea towel and let proof at room temperature for around 5 hours. At this point the dough can be used immediately, or covered with plastic wrap and kept in the fridge for up to two weeks.
2. On baking day, remove half of the dough from the bowl and return the remainder to the fridge. Turn the dough out on a floured surface and lightly knead 3–4 times. Shape dough into a rectangle approximately 8 in. x 12 in. Fold one third of the dough into the center, followed by the other third.
3. Place seam side-down in a buttered loaf pan. Cover and let rise for approximately 1 hour, or until the dough has doubled in size.
4. Preheat your oven to 450°. Dust the top of the dough with a little flour and score with a serrated knife. Bake for 30–35 minutes, or until the top of the loaf has just begun to brown. Let cool for at least an hour before slicing.
- The death toll from Italy's earthquake rose to 247 people amid efforts to dig out residents still trapped in rubble.
- Brexit leader Nigel Farage drew parallels between British citizens' vote to leave the European Union and some Americans' support for Trump.
- WhatsApp will start sharing your account info with Facebook. You can decline the new policy, but must opt into it first 📲😵