1. Ooey Gooey Toasted Cheese
Cheese toast — simply a slice of toast topped with melted, just-browned cheese — will solve all your problems. For lunch, pair it with a big salad, and you can even call it a balanced meal. Get the recipe on Food52.
12. Sautéed Kale, Roasted Sweet Potato and Poached Egg Holiday Toast
Comforting and substantial, this toast covers all your hangry bases. Can’t just poach an egg in the office? Pack a hard-boiled one to top off your kale. Get the recipe on Food52.
- ISIS has claimed responsibility for a bombing that killed at least 80 people in Afghanistan Saturday.
- Hillary Clinton made her debut with VP pick Tim Kaine, who dipped into Spanish and spoke on support for immigration reform and gun control.
- The gunman who killed at least 10 people at a Munich, Germany mall was an 18-year-old "obsessed" with mass shootings, police said.