1. That period that travels halfway up your ass and makes everything all sticky and horrible.
2. When the blood decides to stain exactly that single millimeter of your panties that isn't covered by the sanitary napkin.
3. When you go to dry yourself off after a shower and bleed on the towel.
4. Or when your period waits for that exact second that you step out of the shower to drip on the floor.
5. Taking a dump on your period.
6. Or worse: bloody shit.
7. You try to clean yourself up and use almost an entire roll of toilet paper.
8. Those bloody vaginal farts.
9. When you wake up and you've bled through at least three layers of cloth because your pad leaked during the night.
10. When the blood stains your panties so much that you know they'll be like that FOREVER.
11. Coughing or sneezing and feeling that your vagina did the same.
12. When absolutely no one has a sanitary napkin to lend you, and you have to spend a decade with the old one until you manage to get another.
13. When you do number 2 and the string from the tampon gets in the middle.
14. Your menstruation making a bridge between you and the toilet water.
This post was translated from Portuguese.